darkspilver

Hi blondie!

done by many religions, using clean, new cattle troughs

search google images

Fascinating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDC1Uzp97Ds

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I was the 299th person in line for the slightly brown holy water and the 80 year old before me peed herself out of excitement. I cried and showered for 1 hour.....the horror!!

Kidding.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Another issue here. Are the "dunkers" now instructed to wear black?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hi Thisismein1972!

Another issue here. Are the "dunkers" now instructed to wear black?

No, according to the 2010 edition of the 'Circuit Organization Guidelines' (S-330), the opposite would appear to be the case - instruction is white.

See paragraph 25 (sorry, scans only in Spanish)

link to scan

link to scan

• blondie
    blondie

Are you saying these instructions say that baptismal candidates must wear all white, or white garments or white garments over. Now reading your post I see

deben llevar camisetas blancas lisas y trajes de bano modesto

Isnt' that the directive to the candidates to wear a plain white t-shirt over their swimsuit or wear modest swimming attire? That is to avoid people wearing swimsuits that are not modest, just cover it up. That has been in place for some time I think. Even men are "encouraged" to wear a t-shirt including the brothers baptizing in the water.

• blondie
  • darkspilver
    darkspilver

These are the guidelines for the ones DOING the baptism - the 'dunker' - and NOT the actual baptism candidates - as per Thisismein1972's question that I was replying to.

See the second sentence in paragraph 25.

I would take it to mean a white t-shirt (or may be white button shirt, short of long sleeved) and probably white shorts.

These guidelines - as can be seen from the instructions later in that same paragraph - are obviously for a pool baptism when everyone is in actual the water - NOT for a cattle trough style baptism.

Guidelines for the actual baptism guidelines are along the following lines

KIngdom Ministry June 1993, page 3

Question Box: What would be considered proper attire when presenting oneself for baptism?

link to scan

• blondie
    blondie

Witness 007---yes always be first in the water. Of course, didn't Jesus get baptized in a river...who knows what was in that water.

Darkspilver, so now I understand there is no new detailed directive that baptismal candidates must wear all white. In the long distant past pre-1950 and pre-Blondie, baptismal candidates did wear long robes (white and black). The directive to the brothers baptizing has been in place 20 years or more before we left (15 years ago). The problem with candidates, especially, wet white t-shirts don't hide much.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Witness 007---yes always be first in the water. Of course, didn't Jesus get baptized in a river...who knows what was in that water.

See the letter dated 8 March 2008: "Baptizing Individuals Who Have Communicable Diseases" as referred to in paragraph 28 of the 'Circuit Organization Guidelines' (S-330) above.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwqmWMK7dwtlOVgtOHdZSDdfVW8/view

The problem with candidates, especially, wet white t-shirts don't hide much.

haha yes, unless.....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/melbourne-company-makes-tshirt-that-can-never-get-wet--and-its-incredible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit