'Strange' Australian Melbourne Baptisms

by darkspilver 34 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

It is now single file, a long way from NYnY, 6000 on a beach,

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hi wannaexit!

OMG ! It's awful. I thought the the dunker had to be with the dunkee in the water too.

haha! know what you mean

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

That's all you need if you are going to dunk 1 or 2 kids at the circuit assembly...the good ol' days of mass baptism are over.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hi NVR2L8!

That's all you need if you are going to dunk 1 or 2 kids at the circuit assembly...the good ol' days of mass baptism are over.

I think they baptised 500 or so this way at the Melbourne International in 2014 - see photos in OP

Daily Mail on Australian Trishy Dishy

Bendigo 2013 DIstrict Convention

• watson
    watson

I remember very clearly having baptisms in the galvanized horse troughs. The old Circuit Assemblies. You'd step in, sit down, and an assistant would kneel next to the trough and help you back into the dip. You do what ya gotta do!

• geevee
    geevee

That tub in the floor at Melton has been since they built the place... Ok for 2 or 3 but everything gets saturated if there are many more... everyone can sit in their chairs and eat lunch and watch the dunking!

• Listener
    Listener

It's a strange practice to watch people getting dunked whilst eating lunch. These people have already dedicated themselves to God and are getting baptized in front of a public audience to show that dedication publicly and that audience just sits there, eating their lunch. It's very disrespectful and makes a mockery of the purpose of their baptism.

Maybe they should have everyone bring their own dinner to the memorial and the anointed can sit on the stage to partake.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I remember going to a convention in the 1960`s in Bendigo where a baptism was held in a lake , not a tub.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Most of the baptisms i saw in the 50s and 60s in NZ were in portable troughs where the dunker didn't have to get his arse wet. They usually set them up in front of the main stage.

• Chook
    Chook

These poor burgers getting baptised don't realise that the pond getting ready for them is a post hole head first approach

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit