How many here think Trump's news conference this evening was absolutely brilliant

by ShirleyW 41 Replies latest jw friends

• menrov
    menrov

Lets just say he is not my type

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

He did his thing, just as usual. The amount of rubbish Trump has talked over the years has now left his words meaningless.

It doesn’t matter what he says, he often does the opposite... could you imagine if Trump actually did everything he said....

Trump has been in the entertainment industry for years now, a very long time, and he’s doing a tremendous job. He’s a great guy, people respect him because he’s wonderful.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

By chance I saw that news conference live, from the start to near the end, when I got bored and changed channels. My impression was that he was sharp, even impressive, in the answers he gave, around 80% of the time.

Trump comes across as very confident all of the time. He has great stage presence, and he seems to enjoy being at the centre of it all, even in the adversarial environment of a press conference.

One thing that a lot of politicians do that really irritates me, is that they don’t make any real attempt to answer a question; they just make a statement of their own choosing. I thought Trump’s answers were as responsive to the questions as you would get from a typical politician.

Trump can’t seem to speak for too long a period, before letting out some ridiculous hyperbole or saying something he shouldn’t or doesn’t make sense. Eg Coded Logic’s quote above. I don’t understand how he gets away with it. I guess it is his unflinching confident demeanour.

Overall, I think Trump’s minders would have been happy with his performance, and everyone else’s opinion will be influenced by what they think of him.

• Simon
    Simon

The whole thing is pantomime now. What point was Acosta trying to make?

Acosta: "Maybe you could accept the next question from A WOMAN !!!"

Trump: "Sure, I don't care one way or the other"

They are trying to get something they can put on the news with a fake headline of "Trump refuses to allow questions from women journalists" to play alongside the fake-news of "Republicans won't listen to rape survivors"

All this is BS and surely even democrat supporters will start to see through it all because it's so transparent.

Personally, I don't think Trump is eloquent and sometimes he's downright idiotic but damn, you have to love someone effectively standing up to the media and establishment and giving them a big "fuck you" because some of these places are vile and evil and he's making them show their true selves.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

All the folks that turn out at his rallies, they think he's friggin' genius, just like he does. They think he's the best POTUS ever, just like he does - this happens with every politician at their own political rallies.

If you went to a Hillary rally two years ago, people there would be saying she's the best thing since sliced bread and the best possible candidate.

Here in the UK, Labour activists think a Jeremy Corbyn government would be wonderful.

What EQV is trying to do, I think, is look beyond Trump fanatics to the ordinary people who voted for him. Why did they do it? Hillary has had a long political career but Trump is a novice. On paper, Hillary should've destroyed Trump but she couldn't manage it.

• Simon
    Simon
    I’m not sure what his end game is with NAFTA

It beggars belief what the Trudeau rabble are doing re: NAFTA. Seriously, when the chief negotiator buggers off from attending talks to instead go to some anti-Trump rally, you wonder what they expect the chance of success will be.

The whole NAFTA issue is caused by Canada - protectionism for the dairy farmers in the east which has the effect of making prices something like 300% higher in Canada than in the US. So now we're fighting for the "right" to overpay for those staple products and are willing to sacrifice our auto-industry jobs to do it.

Just the latest insanity from the "we bought a $5bn pipeline that can't be built" and "we pay $millions to terrorists" Trudeau un-government.

I hope Trump beats the NAFTA shit out of him and gives him nothing, maybe then we can be rid of cry-boy and Canada can be saved too.

• James87
    James87

The people who think he is a genius are very similar to the people who will believe anything the watch tower says. Another form of sheep's but led astray they both are. Its ironic that both are very similar, they when faced with reality, with real number, with facts turn the other cheek and prefer to live in there own created reality be it supporting Trump or going door to door.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Na, I think that is unfair. Fervor for a leader is common. I see nothing extraordinary about the supporters for Trump. None of them are being controlled to the point of excommunication if they don’t keep in line.

It’s natural to shy away from “facts” that don’t square with your views and find an alternative approach to those facts. That’s easy to do in such a polarized partisan environment.

Fear is a tactic used by Watchtower to control the “sheep”. I don’t think Trump supporters are controlled through fear.

Cult of this, cult of that. It seems society wants to apply the label to everything, but in reality it just diminishes the severe reality of actual cults and the experiences associated with them.

• Simon
    Simon
    The people who think he is a genius are very similar to the people who will believe anything the watch tower says

Ah, the classic appeal to comparison with the WTS and that anyone with a different political outlook must be a dumb cult follower? Classic ...

Cult of this, cult of that. It seems society wants to apply the label to everything, but in reality it just diminishes the severe reality of actual cults and the experiences associated with them.

Exactly, it's a sign that someone has a weak argument or no real argument to make at all.

Maybe people can consider Trump seriously flawed but also like some of the things he's doing or consider that things the other candidate would have been doing would have been worse.

Weren't we supposed to have started WWIII by now? I'm pretty confident that the US would now be at war with someone if Clinton was in power.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    The people who think he is a genius are very similar to the people who will believe anything the watch tower says.

Morphs Law!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit