How many here think Trump's news conference this evening was absolutely brilliant

by ShirleyW 41 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'm being serious, i would like to hear from folks here that support him describe to me how that news conference was absolute brilliance, he answered all the questions, he knows what he is talking about. Just want to compare note with those who aren't his supporters (and have common sense) As you know this forum is here to hear both sides, so, have at it . . . !!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I saw some of it. He's delusional. And that's being charitable.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

You may be a little confused. Do you think people support him because he is brilliant?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

In the past I thought Trump was crazy. He's got his mind set on thing but the wrong things.

Normally I'm against conservative justices as liberal ones give us more rights.

I was against Kavanaugh's confirmation initially. But when these accusations came out and all the metoo and the jumping to conclusions and name calling, I'm now supporting him. I feel sorry for him.

Why weren't these brought out when he was appointed a judge and to the COA?

This is a violation of the 9th commandment. Coming out 36 years later is bearing false witness, because it is no longer the same person.

And this is why there is a two witness rule. But the witnesses have to be credible. None of these are.

I'll be watching the hearings tomorrow.

• StarryNight9
    StarryNight9

@Rattigan350

Has anyone told you that this isn't a biblical trial? It's not even a religious one.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

He cut people off instead of hearing out questions and he often went on a tangent about something unrelated to the question. He was also very repetitive, going over the same words and phrases 2 or 3 times in the same stream of a single answer. Over the span of several minutes some of his statements seemed to be contradictory to what he had just stated minutes earlier, almost as if he wanted a satisfactory answer to be available to listeners with different expectations.

I appreciated his complete candor on many answers, as if he wasn’t trying to be diplomatic. There is no guesswork when he makes straightforward statements like that. Of course those items were nothing new, he has made his stance on them clear in the past.

He also has a decent sense of humor. He has been pretty nasty toward some media representatives, but now he appears to be making light of his pet peeves with some humor laced in. Probably because it wasn’t a rally with his base but instead a room full of media.

I was surprised he said his mind could be changed on the Kavanaugh appointment after calling all the late accusations a con job.

I was amused that he equates “con job” with “confidence job”

I think he is wise to express confidence in Rosenstein when many are telling him to fire the guy.

I think he is honest for saying that his view on assault accusations is different from many because he has had his own share of accusations launched at him.

It wasn’t brilliant. It was a glimpse into his prowess as a tv personality. It was a rare look at him in a full fledged media event. That made it captivating, entertaining and somewhat enlightening.

But there is a very real possibility that much of what he stated will be contradicted by what he says tomorrow or throughout the week. But he knows that and he knows it’s why everyone waits for his next words.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Normally I'm against conservative justices as liberal ones give us more rights.
    I think you are confusing “rights” and “entitlements”.
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    You may be a little confused. Do you think people support him because he is brilliant?

All the folks that turn out at his rallies, they think he's friggin' genius, just like he does. They think he's the best POTUS ever, just like he does.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I think Trump was absolutely brilliant today. I mean, just look at how clearly and eloquently he answers questions about rape . . . (eye roll)

REPORTER: Has there ever been an instance when you’ve given the benefit of the doubt to a woman?

TRUMP: I’ve known them — Hallie (ph), I’ve known them for a long time and a lot of these people. A lot of people. And some I’ve been disappointed with. I have been disappointed with some others like — you know, there are charges that are pretty weak. But I’ve known people for a long time. I never saw them do anything wrong. I never saw them do anything wrong. And there’s some that probably I agree. I can tell you there’s some that I — I’ve been watching for a long time. And in a couple of cases they weren’t Republicans, and a lot of cases they were not. They were exactly the opposite. But I’ve been watching them for a long time and I knew for a long time these were not good people, and they were never brought up.

Seriously, it must be a wild theme park in this guys head. He's so undisciplined in his thinking he can't make a single salient point.

• hoser
    hoser

His news conference may have been brilliant but I’m not sure what his end game is with NAFTA and trade with China. Everyone should be prepared to accept a lower standard of living.

I am in the process of spending $150,000.00 on equipment upgrades and I bought Canadian. My suppliers have been US based but I can’t risk Donald’s unpredictable ways. I can’t get partway through a deal and Trump decides to change the rules. My US suppliers understand. They are scared too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit