This week's "Give Us Your Money" meeting item.

by freddo 46 Replies latest jw friends

• never a jw
    never a jw

I just showed my loyal love to Jehovah by posting a comment:

"In 1879, the second issue of this magazine stated: “‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ [as this magazine was then called] has, we believe JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support.” We have not wavered from that policy."

Really? All they do lately is beg for money

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

NAJW - That's the quote I've been looking for. Many thanks.

It proves what a bunch of 'you-know-whats' the corporation is.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

However much they need the money, they don't deserve it. Donate nothing. If they keep hounding, find one of those Zero Dollar Bills or Void Checks and donate one of those, or a note that you will not donate anything to support the damnation and enslavement of the whole human race.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FREDDO:

I remember the days years back when they never asked for money.

I am sure this is all about the many lawsuits they are being hit with PLUS they are fast losing a demographic they are NEVER going to see again - the very elderly with the disposable income. These people retired in a healthy economy. They are the ones who threw money around like it was confetti. They gave to useless Kingdom Hall renovations. Gave bequests to the religion. They gave money to deadbeat pioneers I'd never give a dime to.

The younger people after them are struggling to make ends meet aren't even inclined to be charitable. They have the Internet and will never see the religion in the sainted light their predecessors do.

Also, surely nobody thinks all the disturbed individuals there with serious issues are going to give anything.

The religion knows all this or their advisors have informed them of these facts. The religion is merely wanting to get as much money now while they can in preparation for the lean years they see ahead IMO.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Yeah right Hosea...you fancy the pants off a hooker but want to remain a prophet in high standing so what do you do?

That's right!" Jehovah told me to marry her!"( he was prolly into S & M, that or she was cute and loaded)

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

I was thinking to myself:

"Why is it ok to set an automatic donation everymonth on my credit card, (what means I don't even need to think about donating as far as the donation goes in) but if I send a scripture everymonth to my 500 e-mal contacts I still need to go to field service in order to be an active christian?"

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

NAJW

Really? All they do lately is beg for money

They go even further and quote this same article and in the end of the meeting there's a letter asking for money and nobody seems to notice the hypocrisy, it happened some months ago in my KH.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

in fairness, NPR, TV, lots of non profits do a year end donation drive. Also to be fair, I don't donate to NPR because they seem too left wing nowadays. You can see where your money goes on most organizations and decide if you want to support them.

It stinks that the WT asks for money in general fund not marked for any cause, then when I heard a second time the Carribeann disasters (not just PR) were given $3 million all around from "the money you donated". So they didn't even earmark all the money donated for the disasters. This must work out to something like $50 per person. then the "aid" will be from nearby local brothers with little input other than bigwig overseers from the org.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Pretty soon chocolate will be so expensive you could put that in the contribution box Punk. Lol.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Punkofnice, accidental red arrow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit