Tuesday, June 28
We continually remember your faithful work, your loving labor.—1 Thess. 1:3.
Full-time servants have significant responsibilities in the most important work the world has ever known. (Matt. 28:19, 20) Could you or your congregation lend a hand if the parents of full-time servants need help? Those who enter the full-time ministry do so, not to gain financially, but to give—to Jehovah and to others. They deeply appreciate any help you can render. A sister serving in a foreign land echoes the feelings of many: “Even a note expressing appreciation shows that others are thinking of you and that they are happy about what you are doing.” Serving Jehovah full-time is truly the most rewarding way of life. It is challenging, instructive, and fulfilling. And it is fine preparation for the long-lasting joyful service that awaits all faithful servants of Jehovah under God’s Kingdom. May all of us continually remember those in the full-time service. w14 9/15 5:20-22
Some questions to ponder about after reading this text:
1. How can it be said that the preaching work is "the most important work the world has ever known" when the majority of people DO NOT even KNOW what message JW's have or are not convinced by it?
2. If the preaching work is really "the most important work the world has ever known", then why is it so ineffective that 99%+ of the world's population (more than 7 BILLION people) would face destruction at Armageddon? (this is what JW's themselves believe)
3. If full-time servants are so important, then why is the org REDUCING their number?
4. Since the worldwide growth has slowed down, wouldn't it mean that those in full-time service are ineffective at their work?
5. If elderly parents of full-time servants need help, shouldn't it be THEIR responsibility to care for them instead of the other congregation members???
6. Which is more important - helping strangers OR helping OWN family members? Full-time servants with parents who are dependent have obviously got their priorities wrong!
7. "They deeply appreciate any help you can render." Shouldn't JEHOVAH be the one caring for ALL their needs?
8. Would "a note expressing appreciation" be more valued than a bank note of a large denomination?
9. "Serving Jehovah full-time is truly the most rewarding way of life?" Yes... if you like being a slave to a cult!
10. "May all of us continually remember those in the full-time service." Why... are they so forgettable that we have to be reminded to remember them?