Today's Text - Remember & Help Full-Time Servants!

by Divergent 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Divergent
    Divergent

Tuesday, June 28

We continually remember your faithful work, your loving labor.—1 Thess. 1:3.

Full-time servants have significant responsibilities in the most important work the world has ever known. (Matt. 28:19, 20) Could you or your congregation lend a hand if the parents of full-time servants need help? Those who enter the full-time ministry do so, not to gain financially, but to give—to Jehovah and to others. They deeply appreciate any help you can render. A sister serving in a foreign land echoes the feelings of many: “Even a note expressing appreciation shows that others are thinking of you and that they are happy about what you are doing.” Serving Jehovah full-time is truly the most rewarding way of life. It is challenging, instructive, and fulfilling. And it is fine preparation for the long-lasting joyful service that awaits all faithful servants of Jehovah under God’s Kingdom. May all of us continually remember those in the full-time service. w14 9/15 5:20-22

Some questions to ponder about after reading this text:

1. How can it be said that the preaching work is "the most important work the world has ever known" when the majority of people DO NOT even KNOW what message JW's have or are not convinced by it?

2. If the preaching work is really "the most important work the world has ever known", then why is it so ineffective that 99%+ of the world's population (more than 7 BILLION people) would face destruction at Armageddon? (this is what JW's themselves believe)

3. If full-time servants are so important, then why is the org REDUCING their number?

4. Since the worldwide growth has slowed down, wouldn't it mean that those in full-time service are ineffective at their work?

5. If elderly parents of full-time servants need help, shouldn't it be THEIR responsibility to care for them instead of the other congregation members???

6. Which is more important - helping strangers OR helping OWN family members? Full-time servants with parents who are dependent have obviously got their priorities wrong!

7. "They deeply appreciate any help you can render." Shouldn't JEHOVAH be the one caring for ALL their needs?

8. Would "a note expressing appreciation" be more valued than a bank note of a large denomination?

9. "Serving Jehovah full-time is truly the most rewarding way of life?" Yes... if you like being a slave to a cult!

10. "May all of us continually remember those in the full-time service." Why... are they so forgettable that we have to be reminded to remember them?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Give more, give more, give more! They are tapping the congregations dry! I think it is waking up many. Keep up the good work WT. Your doing our dirty work for us.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Meanwhile, WT HQ up in their lakefront compound, have sucked all of the Congregations funds dry, sell off donated equipment, lay off multitudes of Bethelites all over the world, and outsource even the "spiritual food" AKA the printing work, to outside "Worldly" firms.

Do tell, when is the WT Accounting Department, going to open up the deep bank accounts and actually "tend the flock"? Or are they too worried storing up treasures on earth to worry about the poor rank-n-file slobs who prop up the ivory towers to begin with? Or should I say, worried about the avalanche of lawsuits from pedophile cover-ups?

What a sad sight this cult is. Absolutely sad, and resembles NOTHING of the kindness, mercy, sacrifice, or CHARITY that Jesus spoke off.

"Get out of her my people!" - Indeed.

• Londo111
    Londo111

"Certainly if anyone does not provide for those who are his own, and especially for those who are members of his household, he has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith."--1 Tim 5:8

• Wayward
    Wayward

Remember and help full-time servants- 'cause the GB sure won't!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Wait, I thought all their donations to the WTBTS supported the missionary work. I guess when missionaries can't fulfill their duty as children of elderly parents, then the rest of the congregation is supposed to chip in-with an encouraging note. . . ? I'm confused. What the hell do they want? Feed the parents and sent a snoopy note card to the missionary?

Taking care of your own is first duty in every religion I know of. Christianty teaches it, Islam teaches it. First charity is in the home and the most blessings are from caring for your own family properly. Duh. How much more blessed will those serving where the need is great be when they are living in a expat enclave in the Philipines or Mexico while their 90 year old parents are alone in a nursing home?

• Wayward
    Wayward

"Honor thy father and thy mother, that it may go well with thee." I have no respect for anyone who lets their own blood be in need while they go off and 'serve Jehovah'. If there is a god, wouldn't that god want his/her/its followers to take care of their families first? And its not a good advertisement when outsiders see believers shirking their Christian duty to their needy elderly parents.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Q: What would a full-time servant of Jehovah's Witnesses do if confronted with a homeless person who had lost their primary means of support?

A: Read them a scripture.

Oh the irony that those Bethelites who were suddenly made homeless, and who have lost their own primary means of support, are read a scripture. You reap what you sow.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Give more, give more, give more! They are tapping the congregations dry! I think it is waking up many.

I know of several older, longtime JWs who are no longer giving $$$ to the WTS. They came from the time when "FREE -- No Collections -- FREE" was the motto of JWs. We all know that's no longer the case. Everything is about GIVE MORE. Sure it's voluntary donations. Just like the "voluntary" fee ($8.50 or $10.50 per pub per day) to use the Assm Hall.

As the funds continue to dry up, WT will continue to have to have their "Fire Sale" on real estate worldwide.

Doc

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Q: What would a full-time servant of Jehovah's Witnesses do if confronted with a homeless person who had lost their primary means of support?

A: Read them a scripture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lqTaDAGucQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit