• Special K
    Special K

My first date?

Let me think...

I was pretty young

I was with my mom in the grocery store. walking past all these things

apples, oranges, peaches.. and I said "mom, what is this thing"

she told me it was a date.. She bought me some,

The were sweet, gooey, a little sticky.. Aah My "first date". OOOh, the memories.

Special K

• onacruse
    onacruse

LOL @ Special K

There's a comedian in every crowd!

Craig

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Ah, the screwed-up world of JW dating. My first date was officially not a date, because, while I liked the girl, I knew that I didn't want to marry her. So according to JW rules, I wasn't supposed to date her.

She kept hoping to change my mind, however. So she came out to visit me (we had met online, and also met up in person a couple of times, just as friends, as part of larger groups). This was when I lived in NY. We did all the typical NY stuff... went to museums, restaurants, a jazz club, etc. At first we were keeping our proper distance; after a couple of days, we were holding hands and hugging. Didn't really go beyond that, however... since I was trying not to explicitly violate any Watchtower rules. A voice in the back of my head, however, was constantly asking: "I wonder if she'd have sex with me?" I decided not to try, however, because I knew I would feel guilty and have to confess to the elders afterwards.

The girl was majorly screwed up, and I'm glad I didn't pursue anything with her.

My first date with Piph was in Vegas. We had met online as well; our first RL meeting was in NY, but we were just friends at the time. Our first RL meeting after we began "officially" dating (becuase you know that among witnesses, it has to be official) was with a group of friends in Vegas. The last evening, we split off from the group. We went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant (where I accidentally left an extra forty for tip, but I didn't realize that 'til later), and then went to the Bellagio, where we intended to see the water show. Most of the showings were cancelled due to high winds, however, so we just stood looking out over the lake, holding each other and talking. Kissing was on the cheek only... because you know that only engaged people are allowed to kiss each other on the lips.

After that, we went inside to the Bellagio, and had creme brulee and sherry at a swanky little place with a live piano player. That cost about as much as the dinner. (It was also when I realized that I had left the extra tip. )

We went back to our hotel, and the rest of our group hadn't arrived yet, so we had to wait out on the stairs (because we couldn't be alone in the same room, you know).

And that's witness dating for ya. Being with Piph was absolutely awesome, in spite of all the restrictions.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

that is so sweet! :)

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    because you know that only engaged people are allowed to kiss each other on the lips.

What?! Wow, looks like my wife and I broke yet ANOTHER unwritten rule while we were dating.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Heck, where I come from, you better have a ring in your pocket before you even sit together at the KH.

Euph:

Being with Piph was absolutely awesome

And you two are such a cute couple! Your happiness together was shining out for all of us to see last weekend. Same with you, watson and kitties_and_horse_oh_my.

Craig

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Hey Craig, we've been married almost 7 years. You and Kate are newlyweds in comparison! If you ever need any marriage tips, just send me a PM. My shoulder is here for you to cry on, friend.

• onacruse
    onacruse

watson:

we've been married almost 7 years.

Yeah, and it feels like you just got married last month, doesn't it?

Craig <----watching closely to see how well watson can dance

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Yeah, and it feels like you just got married last month, doesn't it?

No, it seems like we've been married for 20 years. Er, I mean, yeah... wasn't our wedding only a few weeks ago? Wow how time flies when you're having fun!

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

After going to a movie, he let me drive his brand new truck thru rocky fields and 2 foot snowdrifts. Tearing around those fields, I knew i was hooked. A real redneck romance.

Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit