When do you think the 7 clowns will add more members to the exclusive GB club ?

by Chook 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

They wont bring a large number to the GB ever again. When the expurg of 80' happened they had broaded it to 14 members. They of course are traumatized.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

How many 'special' apartments built at Warwick. From pictures I have seen the top end set of apartments look very basic, laugh, desirable, do Helpers get the 5star rooms or are they only on 4 stars until promoted. Back in work days in a huge office complex, corner offices meant promotion, more carpet meant you were on way up, fifth floor office suite? You had it made. In foyer the notice board listed those who had fallen from grace as xxzz has left to pursue other options. Sacked in plain English. GB, no sacking for them, if they follow the routine and nod they have jobs for life, or everlasting life.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Never - they will want to keep POWER concentrated as much as they can.

That's why they decided the FDS was them and not ALL the anointed.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill
    always being a company "yes" man, seem to be the main premises

Come on, be fair - not always a "Yes" man.

He did say "No" whenever the boss did!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes careful I agree "helper" status isn't a good stepping stone to GB.

I was thinking of this comment:

Go through the list of "helpers"....

I was wondering if such a list exists as it would be interesting in itself.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Seven 'spirit directed' clowns is about all Jehovah's clown car ( sorry, I meant forward moving "chariot") can carry. Any more additions and the clown car (sorry again, Jehovah's forward moving "chariot") may veer off course from it's current theological trajectory and crash and burn sooner. "Too many cooks spoil the broth" and 'Too many Popes spoil the Dogma'.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I think there have been studies that show committees of more than about 8 or 9 people don't function very well. I can't imagine they would be too keen on adding any.

Another factor is that (according to Ray Franz) any decision requires a two thirds majority to pass. If so, a committee of 7 would require support from at least 5. Adding another GB member would make it even harder (6 out of 8). If the GB is to have any hope of carrying out much needed reforms, they would be better going to 6 ( or perhaps 9) members.

• Simon
    Simon

"Seven" has a "righteous" sound to it if you believe in that kind of thing.

Although it's probably losing some of it's lustre since Game of Thrones - now you think of "the light of the seven" and "the seven gods, the old gods and the new" (usually followed by lots of killing)

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

The understanding that the JW I know have is that no more will be added. They have what are called "helpers" that they delegate jobs to. There are 21 of these helpers. The rest of the "anointed" are not seen as members of the faithful and discreet slave and their job is only to help spread the word. Armageddon will come before all of the 7 GB have passed on, as there will need to be some representative on Earth to direct matters when the time comes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit