Jw mummies boys

by purrpurr 25 Replies latest jw friends

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

I've had the misfortune to encounter quite a few mummies boys in the cult. Men aged 20-40 who although in men's bodies think,act and behave like children. Their mother's had them tied to the apron strings tightly. Several of them were unable/unwilling to even have their own opinions! Certainly not allowed to make their own decisions. I even dated one for a while and every thought, feeling and decision was run past mummy and whatever mummy said was law. Nothing could budge this, no reasoning or evidence could change his mind once his mum had made it for him. One jw guy i met even spoke in a cutesy childlike manner and actually moved like a child!

Have you met jw mummies boys? Is it a common phenomenon in the cult? What do you think causes this?

• zeb
    zeb

I have said this before that I have seen so many jw young people who are at least two years behind their 'worldly 'peers in social development. I guess the accounts you mention are just that taken to a further extreme. But we must ask why are some wt mothers such bullies?

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

Zeb. 2 years is being pretty generous. I believe it's more like 5-10 years. If they are not in the JW environment, their lack of a well rounded education and life experience makes it impossible to carry on a conversation with anyone from the general public. They seem like fish out of water.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

I think the whole waiting for marriage thing initializes these men, keeping them in a boyish state. Many still live with their parents when the rest of the men in the world have moved out, experienced sex and know a thing or two about how the world operates. As a woman, I know which of the two I'd prefer.

• just fine
    just fine

The message to those brought up in the cult is to listen and obey. They are supposed to obey the organization, obey the elders, obey their parents, it's no wonder they can't make a decision. When one of my young relatives left the cult I told them "you are going to make mistakes, its normal, that's how we all learn." The Watchtower corporation implants the idea that mistakes are wrong and if you listen to them you won't make mistakes.

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet
    mistakes are wrong and if you listen to them you won't make mistakes

an excellent summary of Watchtower philosophy !!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

But we must ask why are some wt mothers such bullies?

Part of that comes from the fact of the fear the WTS puts into people's minds that Armageddon is coming soon.

So mothers instinctively go into motion to overly protect and control their children.

this is where woman have power and control in the JWS religion.

• tiki
    tiki

I know of one who actually got a job at her sons school so she could keep an eye on him.....the poor kid.....no freedom from mama....

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Have you met jw mummies boys? Is it a common phenomenon in the cult? What do you think causes this?

Oh hell yes! I knew of one that could not even have morning breakfast or noon meal with his wife. He had to go to mommies for breakfast and dinner. Supper was the only meal he ate with his wife. He could not make a decision, even simple ones without consulting mommy and daddy first.

I believe the WT reference to "Mother" all the time is a factor. And the constant berating of using ones normal individual abilities without first consulting with "Mother's" chosen leaders is another. JW men are for the most part emasculated wimps!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

most dub males are merely puppets. mum or wife has her hand up his arse pulling the strings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit