What is a generation? Matthew 1:17 is pretty clear to me

by pleaseresearch 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Not long after the video came out with Splane and his chart explaining this generation thing I phoned an elder and used this very scripture in Matthew and said, "There. That's how long a generation is according to the Bible. You don't need charts to tell us how long a generation is." And believe it or not he actually agreed with me. But he didn't really say much after that and kinda just mumbled that we need to go along with the slave.

So I didn't really argue with him much and kept status-quo with him to keep the relationship, neither agreeing nor disagreeing, but simply stating that to me, I wanted to stick with the Biblical definition of a generation. And that was about the extent of the conversation. I wish I had a big "ta-da moment" but sorry, just reality.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

It's like the serious trouble that many big name politicians get themselves into. It's not the original LIE that causes the trouble to get so serious, it's the "cover up" that exacerbates the problem!

When you fu*k up just admit it, ask forgiveness (people forget real soon) and then move on. Lying to "cover up" just keeps the controversy going!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• smiddy
    smiddy

I bumped at the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses ___generation ,(The Bibles viewpoint .) as I see it.

I would appreciate your thoughts guys /gals.

smiddy

• atomant
    atomant
    There are very serious flaws in this cult following from way back to its very inception.The lie is being kept alive by who else but the governing baboons.When l was told of the new light (over lapping generation)l laughed.But you've got to hand it to them,they certainly have creative imaginations or rather conniving ulterior motives to keep the lie alive.Whether or not the GB is considered blood guilty is not for me to say but l will say their a pack of con artists in wolves clothing.imho.
  • pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch
    What staggers me is the use of a chart by the GB member David Splain. Now if he needs a chart to convey this teaching to JWs. What would an everyday JW need to explain this to a non JW. It would seem overly confident if a JW thought that they could explain it to a non JW without a chart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit