What is a generation? Matthew 1:17 is pretty clear to me

by pleaseresearch 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

So we have this ridiculous teaching of an overlapping generation, something the bible clearly does not teach. If this has been mentioned before I apologize.

But it's interesting that at the start of Matthew we go through the genealogy of Jesus. It's pretty clear and well laid out for us to read and we get to see how many generations we go through. It states this at verse 17 and uses the word γενεαὶ -geneai for generations. Yet when we get to Matthew 24:34 we have Γενεὰ - Genea. So for me it's very clear what the writer of Matthew meant by a generation, because he went through all those generations at the very start. I'm someone who has faded for the past 10 years. No way can I get my head around this JW generation teaching.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I'm with you bro! Every sane, logical, reasonable person on earth knows that a human generation covers a relatively short period of time.

It's the same way I have always felt about the 144,000 being shoved down our throats as a literal number when every other number in revelation is symbolic. lol

Bullsh*t comes in many flavors!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch
    It's so refreshing to know that others feel the same.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its obvious that the WTS had to screw around with " This Generation " doctrine based from the fact and realization of the organization's long standing adherence to 1914, so in other words a lie to support another lie is what the WTS has done.

The WTS's doctrines were inherently corrupt because they were devised mostly to support the proliferation of the literature the WTS published, that's an indefensible assertion.

In doing so the WTS and its leaders cultivated power and money by susceptible believers and that is why the staid lies and corruption will continue on ........until ???

• Not This
    Not This

The Watchtower aka the guardians of doctrine, keep transforming themselves into guardians of new light.

They must keep transforming the 1914 FALSE teaching progressively or let it go and fess up....but if they do let it go....their sheeps clothing will fall off and many will see who they really are!

Millions Now Living Will Never Die!

Never Die....Watchtower LIE LIE LIE!!!!

• Not This
    Not This

For myself, the generation teaching is HUGE and needs to be remembered and brought to awareness which Watchtower aka JW.org......( the new clothing they are currently wearing)....is WELL aware and does not want the sheep to KNOW so they keep trying to reinterpret the LIE and it is getting Bigger and Bigger and overlapping and underlapping and everything else in between.

Would have been better to tell the truth!

Maybe theTRUTH is not in them!

• WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    I was actually thinking about the new generation teaching yesterday and wondering how they reconcile it with the exodus story. If I remember correctly the Israelites were cursed to wander thru the dessert for 40 years until that one Generation died off right? If we apply JW Logic it would have had to be a lot longer then 40.
  • sparky1
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One can see a long string of self serving corruption by this publishing house, right back to its very beginning in the late 1800's.

Out this realization creates a probable reason to why this religious organization has grown so slowly in reflective view of its constant door to door proselytizing since its existence..

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I'm someone who has faded for the past 10 years. No way can I get my head around this JW generation teaching.

You can make sense of just about anything if you're explanation is creative enough or your audience is gullible enough. It doesn't matter to these folks whether or not what they are taught makes sense. They want to be told what to think and do by someone in authority so that they are not responsible for the outcome in the big picture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit