Time, times and half a time - nerd time

by Anony Mous 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Overrated
    Overrated

Wozza- I was thinking the same thing. Reading Watchtower stuff will give you a college education. I'm still trying to figure it out.

• waton
    waton
    Stay alive till 2075! Sounds like history repeating itself.
    O: yeah, NOW wt leaders in effect say again: " Millions now living will never die " like they said said 100 years ago (1918-1925) , another infamous centenary.
    The overlapping generation is easy:

2 centenarians overlapping by 20 years each*, reads

2x 100 = 200 - (2x20) = 160 + 1914 = 2074

+1 Year to sort out Armageddon = 2075. which is

the anniversary, sorry I misspoke, it is the centenary, or 100st anniversary, lest we forget, of 1975.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I gave a talk once where I pointed out, based on my research in the literature, how nonsensical Nostradamus' predictions were. Nothing like the time, times half a time, a day for a year timeline from the bible.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Please take into account that Watchtower does not take 12 months (365 days) to be one year. Twelve months is at least 8 years, sometimes. Ok.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Ahhhhhh! This logic truly defines how insane the WT is, and why we can see it is a cult. Who else could get you to believe such insanity?

• waton
    waton

a wt prophetic year has 300 days. some times.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Remember in WT land a creative day is 7000 years long or so they said some time ago.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Which begs the question - if Adam was created on Day 6 and Day 6 = 1k rotations of earth round sun (aka 1 year), at what point in Day 6 was Adam created so as to begin counting his age from?

Time in the Bible is detailed with with surpassing precision using minimal data. But you encounter an immediate issue if Day 6 is not a 24 hour period. Because you then need an event marker for when you start counting Adam's age from.

What I mean is - Adam is alive, but his age isn't being counted yet. Planet rotates round sun but no calendar time passes. No years, no seasons, no months, no weeks, no days. Hmmm.

(Daniel 7:25) . . .And he will speak even words against the Most High, and he will harass continually the holy ones themselves of the Supreme One. And he will intend to change times and law, and they will be given into his hand for a time, and times and half a time. . .

So after Adam was created - no months? So Seth was born when? Then others are born and suddenly... there's a month!

(Genesis 7:11) . . .In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on this day all the springs of the vast watery deep were broken open and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.

So actually that 2nd month traces all the way back to Adam. There has been a 2nd month every year. So what was the 2nd month of Adam's 1st year of life? When was it? And when was the 17th day of the 2nd month of the first year of Adam's life?

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    Anony Mous

Now to get to predict COVID-19, 2019

Opening Ceremony Of Olympic Games In London 2012 - Covid 19 Predictive Programming

But, I predict that 2025 will be a good year of peace and blessings for imperfect humans

God, I hope that comes true.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

I don't know why WT tried to make it so complicated. They overcomplicate the "generation" thing and the time thing. It's not complicated...

one + two + half = three and a half

Daniel 7:25

"He will speak words against the Most High, and he will continually harass the holy ones of the Supreme One. He will intend to change times and law, and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time. But the Court sat, and they took away his rulership, in order to annihilate him and to destroy him completely."

The UN gets a chance to rule as supreme world power for 3 1/2 years, but then their time is done.

Daniel 12:1,7

"And there will occur a time of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation until that time...It will be for an appointed time, appointed times, and half a time. As soon as the dashing to pieces of the power of the holy people comes to an end, all these things will come to their finish.”"

That 3 1/2 year time will be difficult, because that's when the Devil will be cast down and really angry (he wasn't cast down in 1914 or 1918), but that 3 1/2 years is only a short period of time in the big scheme of things.

Revelation 12:7-13

"And war broke out in heaven: Miʹcha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. o down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death. On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.” Now when the dragon saw that it had been hurled down to the earth, it persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child. But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is to be fed for a time and times and half a time away from the face of the serpent."

God's loyal angels will help us endure that difficult 3 1/2 year time.

Luke 21:20-24

"However, when you see Jerusalem surrounded by encamped armies, then know that the desolating of her has drawn near. Then let those in Ju·deʹa begin fleeing to the mountains, let those in the midst of her leave, and let those in the countryside not enter into her, because these are days for meting out justice in order that all the things written may be fulfilled. Woe to the pregnant women and those nursing a baby in those days! For there will be great distress on the land and wrath against this people. And they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled."

The three and a half years when the UN rules supreme is the great tribulation and the appointed times of the nations, "and then the end will come" (ie Jesus Kingdom to replace all the other ones.)

Hold on to your hats. It's going to be a wild ride but the generation that sees the beginning of that 3 1/2 years will survive to the end of it. It's only a short time, three and a half years.

Matthew 24:34

"Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit