aaaaaaaaagh----already

by stan livedeath 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

so--ive bought a house--got the keys yesterday--took a car full of stuff over to it today--i'm upstairs--heard my wife talking to someone downstairs at the doorstep.............

yep--2 dubs--handing our invites to an assembly next month. but its in a town called bournemouth ( UK )--which means an hours car journey--plus a very expensive ferry crossing. ( i live on an offshore island ).

i cant think of a more pointless futile waste of time giving out invites to a bible-fest which no-one would be remotely interested in.

• sir82
    sir82

i cant think of a more pointless futile waste of time

Well of course - the "invitation work" has nothing to do with actually getting people to attend. If even 1% of people who got an invitation decided to attend, the facility wouldn't have enough room to hold everyone.

It's all about (A) keeping JWs busy, (B) causing them to think they are doing something important, and (C) providing an opportunity to get inactive / less active JWs going in field serve-us.

• Onager
    Onager

Man I got so pissed in Bournemouth one time.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Before reading on, I already knew what the title implied. Funny, isn't it?

So, good luck with your new house. You got better things to do now than waiste your time and fuel for some boring assembly.

• Saename
    Saename

Another proof that God guides the preaching work! And he wants you to repent, too!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You are one lucky guy Stan, lovely wife, new home and you live way back in the 1950's ! sorry, I meant to say on the Isle.

Another bonus, you now know when all the Dubs will be away ! you can go for a meal or a beer without any danger of running into Sister Numbnuts and her friend Bro Dumbollocks.

• steve2
    steve2

The invitation madness continues.

Late last year a JW.org flyer was stuffed into my letter box inviting me to their annual convention in Dunedin (which usually run in New Zealand months after those in the Northern Hemisphere). I live in the Greater Wellington District.

Dunedin is in the South Island of New Zealand, Wellington the North Island, a distance of about 800 kilometres (approx. 500 miles).

It would be enough of a financial struggle for a dedicated JW to attend, let alone "a householder". Yet the neighborhood was littered with them. As I said, "invitation madness".

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Stan, I was going to comment but Phizzy beat me to it. New wife, new house on an island....how romantic and exciting! Be happy my friend. 🌅

• cantleave
    cantleave

You'd better leave your hermit cave on your little island on the 29th of October to come to my 50th!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    cantleavean hour ago

You'd better leave your hermit cave on your little island on the 29th of October to come to my 50th!

absolutely !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit