aaaaaaaaagh----already

by stan livedeath 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• hoser
    hoser

I get the invitations stuck in my mailbox and I'm a dub.

• freddo
    freddo

I love the New Zealand invite - crossing Cook straight - and 500 miles away!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I saw our first JW (that would speak to us, because we speak English in Houston!) since I moved here and they pushed an invite, refused conversation and rushed back to the safety of the culdesac. We have local congregations that we have never been invited to-but Mormons and some random Christians have invited us to theirs a few times in all the homes I have lived in for the last few years. No JW has said a word to us other than to ensure that we don't speak Spanish. Though they spoke English too. . . they just left because we aren't hispanic.

Do they not do public talks anymore? Why would anyone give up an entire day driving to Rosenburg Texas and back for even ONE assembly day when they know nothing about them? This last assembly would scare away anyone uninitiated into the insanity of the organization-the first morning! I saw the talks and videos. That stuff is NUTS.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hoser, do the locals KNOW you are a dub? Do any of them associate with you or are you one of the faders that they are trying to lure back? Or do they just have no social lives so that they would know where you or any of the congregation lives?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Bought a house? One of the bunker videos suggests that, to stay loyal to joke-hova, you would have to sell it, move into a tiny apartment, and ditch most of your stuff. Pious-sneering is no longer enough. You are better off simply not going.

As for New Zealand, why would they have their Grand Boasting Session about two-thirds of the way down the South Island? Most of the population is on the NORTH Island, much of that in the Auckland area. Wellington is the capitol of New Zealand. Yet, people are being expected to waste all that time and money taking a ferry across to Picton, and then driving all the way to Dunedin when it is now winter and travel is more likely to be hazardous. Why not have it divided into Auckland (where more people can access) or nearby (Hamilton is not that far out of Auckland), one in Wellington, and one in Christchurch? That would make more sense, given the way the population of the country is divided. Or, maybe it would be better to simplify a bit and not go at all, both in England and New Zealand.

• Lost and adrift
    Lost and adrift

Stan do u know the date..i have family going to it...waiting for the fallout... :(

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hey steve2

Late last year a JW.org flyer was stuffed into my letter box inviting me to their annual convention in Dunedin (which usually run in New Zealand months after those in the Northern Hemisphere). I live in the Greater Wellington District.

Dunedin is in the South Island of New Zealand, Wellington the North Island, a distance of about 800 kilometres (approx. 500 miles).

Well seems like WT have listened to you

Friday 30 September to Sunday 2 October 2016

Te Rauparaha Arena
    17 Parumoana Street, PORIRUA 5022

http://www.terauparaha-arena.co.nz

https://goo.gl/maps/Fdow4K7gVfx

That's all folks!

DarK SpilveR

• tiki
    tiki

That photo....is it for real?? It looks really freaky....all those people sitting ramrod straight staring at a big screen.... A couple bozoes came around here a week or so ago with an invite to the notorious fear mongering bunker ass sembly..... I cringe at the thought I grew up and stuck with this fringe group as long as I did.....

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

That photo....is it for real?? It looks really freaky....all those people sitting ramrod straight staring at a big screen

yeah it's for real.... it was for a Memorial Service for Jerry Collins

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Collins

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/276477/tributes-to-'larger-than-life'-jerry-collins

That's all folks!

DarK SpilveR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit