Are there more Bethel layoffs in the immediate future?

by LongHairGal 34 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Pete. I fat fingered a dislike sorry.

The furloughed people are sad. And they do not dare make waves to lose the support of the brothers who did it "wrong".

They are recruiting fresh meat right now, complete with the career spiel

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Thank you for sharing the incredible stories of X bethelites! It’s very disheartening, but very real!

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

This is also happening in corporate America. I was laid off by a text message after working for a giant company for 30 years. I am regularly seeing openings for trainees at my former location.

I can only imagine how the Beth elites feel, I am extremely bitter!

My family no longer has life, medical, vision or dental insurance.

• asp59
    asp59

If she wanted money and children bethel was probably not the right choice from the beginning.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    lived in nice houses with nice cars and had a retirement in place. And to add insult to injury, they all had kids and grand-kids. Then she asked my jw friend, "Why didn't Jehovah bless me? I did everything right"

She signed the vow of poverty before entering Bethel. She got what she signed up for.

• Funky
    Funky

Even though most "literature" is now produced online, there was still a lot of actual paper printing going on, especially tracts for door-to-door as well as magazines to populate the apathy carts.

What with the pandemic, not only has door to door been 100% stopped dead in its tracks, but also all those 10's or 100's of thousands of carts are just gathering dust in storerooms. No need to print millions of tracts & magazines every month, and no clear idea of when it will resume.

I imagine that makes many thousands of Bethelites (worldwide) redundant.

Now is a fine time, from a corporate business perspective, to send those thousands of Bethelites packing. Along with a hearty handshake and a cheerful "Keep warm and well-fed! Hope you find a job in the pandemic!" as they walk out the door.

If / when printing operations start up again, they'll just put out a call for more (new) volunteers. There is, alas, no shortage of poorly educated 19-year-olds who would pierce their eyeballs with finishing nails if it meant the opportunity to "serve at Bethel".

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

About the printing aspect:

1. With most everything going digital, and the upcoming Media Center being built, why bother with the outdated printed material?

2. Now is the time to send the print people packing.

3. If/when printing starts up again, the presses will have been updated to be completely automated and require the least amount of human beings to run them. This isn't the 70's anymore. In fact, I'd be shocked if the new WT HQ's printing wasn't already run by a skeleton crew.

• Funky
    Funky
    why bother with the outdated printed material?

"Literature" for the apathy carts. And also to give the old-time JWs who don't know how to "preach" without a Watchtower in their hands something to hold onto.

That is, of course, whenever apathy-cart witnessing and door-to-door start up again.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

They could always outsource the printing

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    When they "reassigned" the bethel workers to the field did they continue to provide their health insurance? Hell no! So it wasn't a reassignment it was a termination!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit