Are there more Bethel layoffs in the immediate future?

by LongHairGal 34 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I just saw a post on Reddit: ‘WT are prepping the R&F for changes in the March/April meeting workbook’.

In the post the person noted what they read (for March 8) and it mentioned Bethel adjustments and reference was made to 2015 when bethelites were let go.

If this happens (yet again) another bunch of people are being sent home to fend for themselves in the big bad world at an advanced age with little to no preparation.

Even though this doesn’t surprise me, it could not come at a worse time with a global pandemic and massive job loss everywhere..Congregations are already in turmoil because of so many who reached Retirement age totally unprepared because they were told Armageddon would be here before they reached that age. This is in addition to all the other ‘needy’ and troubled types in the congregations looking for as$istance.

I hope any bethelites there have a plan and some people they can contact. With what has already happened in the past they have to know this was always a possibility!

• Harry
    Harry

Since the WTS/JWorg.is moving more toward video talks and presentations, people who were working in the printing section might very well be shown the door.

The Virus problem may have added to this objective which was already on the agenda.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

The virus was not expected by the Governing Body. It caught them off guard. The end was supposed to be here by now

LHG, I bet you are happy you never fell for the "Full Time Service" admonishment!!!!!.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PISTOLPETE:

You are not kidding!

I positively cringe when I think of what could have happened if I were gullible enough to have fallen for that. And because I refused, they made sure I wasn’t invited anywhere. Well, that means nothing now. The sickest irony is that if I were still in the JW religion, I would probably be the last person to be helped by the hateful, judgmental people.👎🏻

• Harry
    Harry

The top leaders/ men who ran the WTS were endeavored to lure and coerce people toward their own will and purpose, to sustain their power and cultivation of money, all strategically devised as preaching the Gospel of Jesus according to bible sculpture..

In reality those allured to the WTS were preaching that organization's Gospel which was corrupted in charlatanism.

• James Jack
    James Jack

Na Na Na, hey hey hey, goodbye 👋

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I met one of those bethelites who was sent home. He was in his early 50s and told me that he started serving at bethel at age 19. He married at 20 and his wife has been there also since then. He was transferring from brother to brother because he couldn't find a job and didn't have enough money to pay the rent.

His wife was very disillusioned with the way her life turned out. She was telling one of my jw friends, a sister, that all her jw friends had married "Out of the truth" and most of them brought their husbands "into the truth" and lived in nice houses with nice cars and had a retirement in place. And to add insult to injury, they all had kids and grand-kids. Then she asked my jw friend, "Why didn't Jehovah bless me? I did everything right" But those that disobeyed, He blessed.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PISTOLPETE:

But, was it the God of the universe who said these things..OR was it a bunch of men? This is the problem. So when this lady said: ‘those who disobeyed, He (God) blessed’, this is just HER opinion.

So, when I held onto my full time job and ignored the foolish talk and the older hypocritical people in the religion with cushy lives (because they were ALREADY in the workforce when they joined the JW religion) I was being ‘disobedient’?? 🙄 I don’t believe this.

This is how sick things are in the religion. I saw affluent people in the congregation in the lap of luxury. But, as a single woman looking out for myself making a living - I was scrutinized and criticized.

When all is said and done all these years later I’m glad I followed my instincts and looked out for myself.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

But, as a single woman

Is it my imagination or does the religion, (Governing body, elders, COs, etc) do all they can to take advantage of single women. It seems like they just push the women to not get married, if you do get married, only marry a Jehovah witness, if you do marry a jehovah witness, only marry a ministerial servant or elder, if you do marry a jehovah witness ministerial servant then don't have children, and don't get a full time jobs, ---------just full time pioneer.

That might be one of the worst religions to join if you are a single woman.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PISTOLPETE:

No, it’s not your imagination but a deliberate pattern, in my opinion. The problem was especially worse if a single woman had no family there. You were fair game. They imagined single women were going to do favors for all the Users.

But, they got nowhere with me after how I was viewed for having a full time job. It was also my opinion back then that I wasn’t giving any handouts to pioneers living on the edge. I saw people who had No business being on the pioneer list. What about the scripture of ‘counting the cost’?

I think some of these younger pioneers may have wised up at some point years ago and may have gotten jobs in an office because they needed medical coverage. Good for them if they did and hopefully prepared for Retirement because it’s not easy - as these laid off bethelites are going to find out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit