I hate the world today.

by Vivamus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Sometimes, I just hate the world and its inhabitants. I just need to whine for a bit. I'll go get coffee after making this post, and smoke a pack of ciggies, so that will make me feel better. When my grandma died, she left six children to whine and moan about her last will. Money, power and hurt feelings have been the cause for family fights since the moment we buried her. Yesterday I attended one of out lovely family meetings... The meetings have as goal to solve the problems around the will. E.g. when will every one get their money. Not a lot of money, but enough for my darling aunts and uncles to slaughter each other with words and insult. Ugh. Since I was present as well, some accusations were thrown my way as well, esp. regarding the Witnesses, since it is all my doing for turning my late grandma and mum into one. Talk about bringing back the past and digging up old hurt feelings.... Ah well, things will settle down, someday, in a bright and far away future... Also, two of my cousins have been *unsolicited* attacked and beaten by two Antilleans. And the only reason my cousins didn't win the fight, was because they had a little too much to drink. Sometimes I really hate the world. - And the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum
    Dutch District Overbeer

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

(((Vivamus))) - omg - I can so relate to your situation. When my grandmother died 18 years ago, she left behind 12 children. My grandmother was not a "wealthy" woman by any stretch of the imagination, didn't matter. By the time all the arguing had died down....my father's family lay in ruins. We actually had to have an AUCTION to distribute her estate - for family members only. To watch all those grown men & women behave the way they did made me sick to my stomach.

Not much of a tribute to a very lovely woman.

Families can be that way some times, and because of their "familiarity" they seem to be able to argue about money with a vengence. I'm sorry you have to watch it, and I hope that this doesn't do lifelong damage as it did with my own.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I was wondering why it went from a bright and sunny day, to a cloudy and rainy one! When the butterfly frowns, the world darkens! So, please don't hate us mere humans, smile and let the sun shine again! Maverick

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Maverick, you know I luv you guys. Thanx for making me smile.

-

And the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum
    Dutch District Overbeer

• cat1759
    cat1759

Gotta love family. They always show their true colors.

Sorry to hear about your cousins.

Not sure what an antilliean is? Baffled. Going to websters now.

Cathy

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

((((Viv)))). Please remember, money brings out the absolute worse in people. Especially in family and friends. But it especially hurts when family and friends argue and fight over money.

Having gone through something similar, I finally told them they can keep their f**ing money.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{Viv}}

You poor thing!

My grandfather (moms dad) died about 9 months ago. My mom found out, from granddad's girlfriend, that he cut my mom out of his will. And my sister and I. Oh well.

My mom and her sisters have been fighting over the dad since my mom was about 30 (mom says he molested her, them, all of them; they deny it totally). As a result, mom stopped talking to her dad about 20 years ago. Said her sisters were whores who just wanted his money-that is why they denied he molested them.

Now the old man is dead, mom is outraged that he cut her off. (DUH) (I don' t know what to believe with my mom; she makes a drama queen look shy/meek). My mother, in her outrage, calls and askes me if we can fight it in court! WTF?!

NO. She said things no one in the family is willing to back up, cut off her family years ago for other *moral trasgressions* and now she is surprised that her dad left her Zero.

It is unbelieveable what people will do for *family* money. The entitlement, the *it's mine*, the *you owe me*.....all over something no one is entitled to, didn't earn and is not owed.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Viv - I hear ya. I get in pissy moods about this world. Lately I'm finding people to be unreliable and unhelpful. Ya gotta watch your own back, cause no one else will!

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Yeah you gotta love your family... I was just sitting outside this evening, at my gran's house, remembering how it just to be. Homesick for times long lost. It's a shame, but we gotta move on.

And then my boyfriend came looking for me, and it was a brighter day already. Times change, people change, but happiness can still be found.

-

And the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum
    Dutch District Overbeer

• Mary
    Mary

((((((Viv)))))))))

All I can say is: thank god my parents don't have anything we can fight over. When they die (which they won't because Armageddon should be here any day now) everything is divided evenly------end of story...........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit