I’m Really Digging The Queen!

by minimus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I wonder if Charles will ever become King.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Hey The Queen allowed that that gormless idiot son of hers to live a life of decadence bestowing this that and the other on him to boot. Do you think she would have dismissed him without the pressure she’s come under from the people? Not a chance! She didn’t have a choice.

After the Diana fiasco she’s learnt to trust her advisors.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I was a Jobo, the Royal family was meaningless, worldly and transient.

Now that I'm not in the dangerous cult, I'm a bit of a centrist. On the one hand I don't see why some should be born into wealth and privilege when others are not.

On the other hand, the royal pomp is quite appealing.

I have nothing personally against the Royals, just the obscene amount of money, assets and privileged they have.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to be them. I can walk into ASDA and buy a bag of spuds and no one bats an eye....I bet the Queen can't do that.

If she reaches 100, who will send her a Queen's telegram?

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Yeah, its not she has to worry about much being that she is a queen.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Punk, just how many hands do you have?

She won't be sending herself a Queens telegram on her 100 BD, just as she doesn't issue herself a drivers license or passport.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I thought being a queen wasn`t something you would admit to, to your associates ?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I know a bloody poor attempt at humour .

Seriously though ,you do have to give her credit and admire her as a person .Simply because of birth she has been put in that position as Queen and has been faultless in her carrying out of her duties all of these years .

I`m an Australian and no royalist by any means ,but you have to give credit where credits due and she has been one amazing lady .

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Coggy - Punk, just how many hands do you have?

I'm a handy-man.

She won't be sending herself a Queens telegram on her 100 BD, just as she doesn't issue herself a drivers license or passport.

Don't ruin the joke, I need the money.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i say old boy--one doesnt dig her majesty --it simply isnt the done thing.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The Beatles had a little ditty about Queen Elizabeth at the end of Abbey Road, after the medley ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh1hKt5kQ_4

Apparently, Paul McCartney wrote the song because he used to have a crush on her when he was a young boy.

Yeah, I kinda get where he's coming from - Her Maj was quite attractive when she was a young woman in the late 40s/early 50s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit