I’m Really Digging The Queen!

by minimus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

At 95 , Queen Elizabeth is one sharp lady. She lauded those people that helped break up a terrorist attack. She didn’t take any crap from Prince Andrew and told him to take a hike. Hell, she even seemed to like Trump. There are rumors she will give up the reins ....in two years. You gotta love her.

• cofty
    cofty

Her Majesty is outstanding. 67 years of service!

She won't retire. She sees her work as a sacred duty.

When I was younger I was anti-royalist but then I grew up. The monarchy is an important focus for national unity. We Brits can hate our government and still feel patriotic.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    I don't like her abusing her royal perogative to overrule a high court ruling giving the Chagossians the right to return. As for the Privileged English who want to get rid of the monarchy; it's not just your decision, but the collective decision of the Royal Realms of the Commonwealth, if you don't like that, consider it payback for colonialism. After leaving the European Union, the Commonwealth is all you've got don't blow it!
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I'm thoroughly enjoying the netflix series "The Crown" about the Queen,

• fulano
    fulano

She is a tough lady. Respect.

• millie210
    millie210

She has done her job amazingly well and with much dedication.

• waton
    waton
    The monarchy is an important focus for national unity.

C: lets play he national anthem, beautiful music.
    https://www.youtube.com › watch

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I've never felt strongly one way or the other - I'm not an ardent royalist but I'm not an ardent republican either.

I'm kinda happy to just go along with it and accept that we have a royal family.

As Cofty points out, Queen Elizabeth does take her royal duties very seriously.

I quite like her, TBH.

I also like Harry and William. I'm not so keen on Charles (next in line). I wish William would become King on Queen Elizabeth's eventual death - it would be could if we could skip Charles altogether. XD

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

As for the Privileged English who want to get rid of the monarchy; it's not just your decision, but the collective decision of the Royal Realms of the Commonwealth - no.

Commonwealth countries can individually decide to leave the Commonwealth and cut their ties with the British Royal family so that Queen Elizabeth would no longer be their Queen; what they can't do is abolish the British Royal family.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

She works very hard and takes her duty very seriously. Princess Anne is another hard worker, she attended 447 UK engagements last year, more than the days in the year! Sounds exhausting.

Sophie, Edward's wife is patron of Childline which is a fantastic charity to give children who've been abused someone to call.

I didn't realise all this until I did a project on UK charities for an exhibition at work some years ago and found out the royal family are patrons of more than 2,000 charities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit