Ozzie's Weekend Poll #58

by ozziepost 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

We were invited out on the average about once every 3 months. Although when I became less spiritual (not selling enough Watchtowers), the invites dried up, just when I really could have used some encouragement.

Hapgood

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Once a year....whether I ....ummm........."deserved" it or not...

ESTEE

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

More than once a month.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Somewhere between never and once a year. Probably a handful of times during the 25 years I was in the org. When I was a kid, I'd sometimes get invited to one person's house, but not once we got older. You know, parents trying to keep the opposite sexes apart.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I would have to say for myself hmmmmm once every 6 months. If I was "lucky"

Leslie

• logansrun
    logansrun

Of the three halls I was associated with:

First congo: about six times a month

Second congo: about three times a week

Third congo: In ten months, only twice

Bradley

• Robdar
    Robdar

At least once a month, sometimes more, our family was invited out for a meal after the meeting. However, we were only invited to get togethers maybe once a year.

Robyn

• Amazing
    Amazing

My wife and I were in with the "in" crowd for mant years ... so we were invited to dinner at least once or twice a week (at least 5 times a month). And we invited others to dine with us in various forms at least 2 or 3 times a month. Things went downhill, though, when I stepped aside as an Elder ... but what really got them was the way I started chewing with my mouth open in pure Apostate fashion, and spitting on the JW guest when I slurpped a slug of beer and belched. - Jim W.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hmmmm not that often. Certainly not as often as we had people over. We never fit in and despite what people think about elders getting invites - well not for us. With 2 kids it seemed we were never on the A list. Most of the other elders had no kids so I think they were easier for people to feed or something.

We had people over at least once a week - rarely had a return invite. And I made sure people were not left out and frequently had larger groups where the "often forgotten" were invited.

I hated it so much that my mother rarely got invited out because she was a single mom with kids - and unruly ones at that. (those moms I made sure got an invite to picnics where the kids could run outside) LOL

• talley
    talley

4. NONE, since I had an 'unbelieving' husband and no children to indoctrinate, I was of absolutely no social value to them at all, plus it probably was a red flag that I was quite satisfied and content with my situation at home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit