Post your experiance with JWs who did not save for retirement and had to work or live off off SS till death

by wolverines 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

I recall many in the 70,s and 1980,s got into multi marketing schemes that they tried to pawn off on Jws. Selling Amway, Old world products , even No Money Down buying real estate from Dave Del Dotto, who was the biggest JW scammer ever. He was on every night back then selling his books and tapes from Hawaii. I saw him once back in the 90,s at a KH with the biggest diamond ring ever. Bankruptcy got him, but not before he scammed many who trusted him. He is still in business today, but in Napa valley vineyard selling high dollar wine. Stay away

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have seen all too many of them putting $20 bills in that contribution box as if they were water. Not only do they not save money, they waste it. And most of them have nothing. They rent apartments, they have beat-up cars (and "beat up" can mean the floor is falling apart, and you can see the road through it, rendering it unsafe), they have more Junk Mart stuff that will not last, they lack food stock enough to get through a 2 week disruption, and they have practically zero investments in any way, shape, or form.

Instead, they waste their money. Donations are the top waste of money. They also waste money on Grand Boasting Sessions (the trips and hotel stays are expensive). Suit dry cleanings are very expensive--and they look down on anyone that uses garment bags to put their suits in the laundry in the gentle cycle instead of using toxic chemicals. They eat lunch at McDonalds every day, wasting even more money to ruin their health (almost as bad as those cancer sticks).

I never invested in anything much until the end of 2010, when I got my first 1/10 ounce of gold. During the 2010s, I have been loading up on silver. Silver in the form of 1 ounce coins and bars, silver in the form of old coins (soon to be banned for political correctness), silver in the form of foreign coins (including the Australia Kookaburra and Austria coins). I also have my coin collection growing back (including buying the Indian cents I got rid of, pre-1964 Jefferson nickels and older, and a few common date, high grade odd coins). I got one Large Cent in VF condition, a 2 cent piece in VF, a Shield Nickel in XF (those are hard to find), a 1950 D Jefferson Nickel in uncirculated condition (again, those will be hard to find, political correctness ban or none), some Seated Liberty dimes and quarters in VF to XF condition, and even one Capped Bust dime (in VG condition).

While you may prefer other financial assets that are denominated in paper, I prefer the metals. But, both are preferable to nothing--preferable to wasting your money donating to the enslavement of the whole planet.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

The JWorg. GB members dont care they are set for life paid for by the WTS.

They have full medical and dental coverage, cars to drive, air flights to travel around the world, food and shelter, complete with tennis courts and swimming pools.

That's really why there is so much lying and corruption in the organization , Money $$$

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SIMON:

I agree that the general public does not save enough for retirement. Nowadays, this is more crucial than ever because so few jobs will have pensions or will even set up an IRA for somebody. A person has to do it on their own - and be very regimented about it.

As for not seeing JWs in statistics:.. I remember the mentality that Witnesses suffer in silence. They don’t want to make the religion look bad! The bethels have also kicked out many hundreds over the last decade or so..And I’m sure they’re not even done yet.

Some bethelites released were over 50 years of age and spent thirty years there. They have no skills or higher education to get a job in the world. They were sent home with no severance pay...I read a few got a bill for the last lunch they had there!

Some are living off the charity of others or have jobs provided by brothers with businesses. Other than on here or in a remark from a JW, I have heard not a whisper about this.

I can’t help but feel if this had happened in another organization we would have seen it on the news.

• Overrated
    Overrated

One time I was talking to a brother about investing. He was very clear that I should work part time and give what ever investment money to Watchtower. I'm glad I didn't take the advice of that moron. You invest in WT your return is always zero.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    WTWhizard Silver in the form of 1 ounce coins and bars, silver in the form of old coins (soon to be banned for political correctness

The Wizz Why is it not politically correct to have a coin collection/investment??

I can’t help but feel if this had happened in another organization we would have seen it on the news

LonghairGal I agree!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit