Stupid Organization!

by stillin 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

A while back, a local Witness lost their home in a fire. An announcement was made at the meeting that if anybody wanted to contribute, they could do so through their service group overseer. My guess is that this arrangement is meant to bring tears of joy to the eyes of the impoverished one, and thankfulness to "Jehovah's Organization." Just a faceless handful of money from Jehovah.

it seems to me that a person should know who their friends really are when there is a crisis. "Taking up a collection" is fine in some circumstances but why would you want to make a person feel that they are out of harmony with God's "arrangement" if they simply offer to help privately?

• Tazemanian-devil
    Tazemanian-devil

They did this for a coworker once. They were having some kind of financial trouble. An announcement was made from the platform, and by the end of the program, he was handed over $2000 in cash.

Of course, by "they", I mean a local church group, not a congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

See, Jehovah surely is blessing the Jesus Christ Church or whatever their little group calls themselves...

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    My daughter needed help and some donated money and it's appreciated but of over 120 plus publishers in her hall I would say most of the money came from just a handful of her and her mother's friends and yes one elder. Like what someone posted above I know of churches where more people contributed and even some churches have funds set up for when someone is in need.
  • skin
    skin
    Its not only churches that help this way, the community also come together to help.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Its not only churches that help this way, the community also come together to help.

Yes, I believe most people sincerely want to help others who are in real need, as long as they are assured that it is not the result of that person's carelessness or due to their lack of effort (willingness to help themselves). And, they want to be sure they are not being scammed, ie, the "Will Work for Food" beggars at key intersections that have been exposed in the media on occasion as healthy, capable people who either just don't want to work or find they can actually make more money begging.

Doc

• Clambake
    Clambake

I remember one time we had a CO visit and we took a special collection for the visit and about 30 dubs gave him a grand total of 52 dollars.

I laughed hard when I found that out.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    $52, LOL.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

At the last assy, during the elder's mtg, a collection was taken to cover the expenses of the Org's public speaker rep from Bethel. Elders in my family that attended this meeting informed that well over 3,000 was collected and given to this person. Unreal!

Oh, our men-worshipping has no bounds. This is why I feel no remorse about not contributing monetarily any longer; if the leadership contributed just half of all the green handshakes received, it would more than make up for my non-contribution.

DY

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"I remember one time we had a CO visit and we took a special collection for the visit and about 30 dubs gave him a grand total of 52 dollars."

effin' hysterical !! Good! I'm sure he was expecting much more. The more status they have in the Borg the quicker they forget the word "humble".

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Now there is a fact ShirleyW!!!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit