At A Loss

by azor 31 Replies latest jw friends

• azor
    azor

My wife is in the hospital. Complications of a ruptured appendix. She had it removed around 1AM Friday morning. Part of her intestine removed. Now she is in continous pain, is dry heaving, and has fluid in her lungs.

We have 2 small children. Fortunately my mom still helps, but she has to deal with the rest of my family some that live with her shunning us. She literally has to hide when she is with us.

I don't know how much more shit I can take. We just can't seem to catch a break. I don't know what I'm going to do without her. I'm scared.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Azor

I am so sorry to hear of this. How stressful. Take a deep breath and don't worry about all of the judgemental JW's. Take care of your wife, she is the most important concern for you right now. Put everything else on the back burner and concentrate on your wife. Let your mom continue to help with the kids. Thank goodness you have her. Keep us posted on your wife's condition. You are in our thoughts.

• zeb
    zeb

Please have a talk with the staff at the hospital about this. Be assured they are doing the best they can. Ask to see the hospital psychologist or counsellor for yourself.

Shunning? is of course contemptible. Our thoughts go toyou all.

• millie210
    millie210

So sorry Azor. You have certainly been through it and are still facing it.

Your wife is in the best place right now as the hospital can monitor and care for her.

Good for your mom for helping you. I agree with ToesUp, dont give your heart to the silliness of family members right now.

You hang tough and please know that many here are caring about you and admiring the strength of character and love for your family that you have demonstrated over and over.

Hugs from here to you,

Millie

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

So sorry you all are going thru such a rough time, Azor. It's always harder to watch your loved one suffering than to be in that spot yourself!

Love to you and kids and your mom and your dear wife, and hope her health improves quickly now.♥

• jeanniebeanzz
    jeanniebeanzz

My first reaction is pure anger...

How dare the JW's continue this bullshit shunning in the light of a family emergency! My second thought is that ToesUp is right: your wife is your primary concern and this JW stuff needs to take a back burner. Really, does it matter that much? This is your wife... she is sick - gravely ill... your mom is helping not them. grrrrr

Tell these nosey idiots to take a hike. Stand up for your mom and stand up for your wife.

-calms down-

and, i am so very sorry you are going through this. my thoughts are with you. hopefully your wife will heal well and quickly. <3

Jean

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Oh Azor, so sorry to hear of the pain you are going through. My heart goes out to you and your loved ones. Hang in there.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

We send our sincere love and empathy to you and your wife and family!

Don't let any other issue cloud your emotions. Simply take care of her and your children.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Oh, this is so hard for you. Our family has faced peritonitis twice and come through-years ago, but it is hard and she will need a lot of rest. I sure hope you will not face the future without your good wife. My thoughts are with her, you and your whole family.

This JW distraction is totally inhuman, and I hope that your poor mom recognizes how much love that there actually lives in that organization. Not much.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I'm so sorry Azor. I know it's cliche, but just focus on the now. One day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute if you need to. In the end the only thing that matters is your wife's health. Just focus on being supportive for her and helping her through a tough time. The rest is all noise. Family crap, JW crap, whatever else in life you have, it will all be there later so there's no use wasting time on it now, and honestly none of it matters that much. Your wife does, so give her that emotional energy and be there for her. You can do this, and she can too, and kids are resilient and will be fine without 100% of your attention while you two deal with this. I can't offer prayers anymore but I can be here, like others, to let you vent, to give you a pep talk, to help you stay centered. Focus, stay strong, and let the rest go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit