How did you learn the truth about the truth?

by Iamallcool 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW
    Those of you who found evidence in Ray Franz's books against the WT, what verifiable evidence did you find? I am interested to learn about it.
  • Ding
    Ding

Studying the Bible in context and praying for insight.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I learned the truth about the truth by praying for God to show me the truth. He told me the truth was not the truth. I no longer believe in a god or can identify one, but I did act in harmony with my prayers and did exstensive reading and research of the bible, Jw's, religion and god. I did read Ray Franzes books and a book called 30 years a watchtower slave. At that time I knew the truth was not the truth. Then I started watching youtube videos of the atheist experice and other related subjects. I found that I could not argue with the videos. Matt Dillahanty and Aaron Ra and Tracie Harris. I could never find anything to argue with them about regarding being an atheist. I realize I have been an atheist all my life because I did not agree with many of the JW's or Christianities teachings or ways. I never chose Jw's I was born in it. It took me 30 years to escape. There was no internet and the religious section in book stores was very small. Back in the 80's I got a news letter from a former JW, which was a precursor for me to this site. In my 68 years, I read the bible cover to cover 10 times and made notes and researched. At first I found parts of the bible uplifting. But eventually by my own experiences and observing, I realized the bible did not add up. It did not seem to be written by a wise all knowing powerfull entity. It reavealed itself to be a hodge podge of writings by many eventually used by the Roman emperor Constatine to unite his empire. I label myself an atheist, I do not hate god. In fact I still look for him. But like Big foot and the Flying spaghetti monster his hiding skills are to crafty for me. So I have to conclude he does not exist until further evidence is presented.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

The contradictions in the bible to the WT teachings and the many failed predictions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit