How did you learn the truth about the truth?

by Iamallcool 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Any takers?

• Rafe
    Rafe

I read the bible carefully, particularly the NT and the words of Jesus.

I found that his words and directions didn't coincide with what GB leaders were doing and saying..

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I visited this website the day after the Memorial of 2010. My father called me up and said I should attend that Memorial because it would be special. I did.

It was the same outline I had heard for nearly 2 decades. The songbook changed and one of my favorite songs was used. That song was shortened.

I just knew at that point that it was all pointless, but I wanted to see behind the curtain for myself. I did.

The Watchtower United Nations scandal and the child sex abuse cover up were brought to my attention. I was finished at that point.

• Gorb
    Gorb

Ray Franz books.

G.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

AOL chat rooms when I didn’t block apostates in there. Eventually looked at freeminds.org, my heart was pounding.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Lots of seeds were actually planted by a “Bible Study”. Claimed he was not getting his info online. I think now they was BS. The TTATT is a lot more reasonable and convincing than The Troof.

• deell_jade
    deell_jade

When I was around 20 one of my friends mothers left her husband because he was mentally and physically abusive toward her. Basically my family helped her and her kids move out. Husband got involved. Melee and bruhah insuide.

Elders said my family was bad because we helped a woman that was getting beaten to leave her sorry excuse of a husband. That day Opened my eyes and ears. It was about a year later that I found this site, mainly due to that incident and flabbergasted that the elders stood by a woman beater. F them to hell.

And let me just say this. I was PIMI hard core up until that point. After that I just never came back around. Then ttatt was revealed, and that was that for me.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Deell Jade, Welcome to the board!

• Overrated
    Overrated

What did it for me was reading the bible and getting serious about the "Truth ". I was at a meeting listening and what was said compared to what was in the bible just made you say what is this? The more research I did the more stuff I found out. And not by apostate material but by Watchtower stuff. Like layers of on onion. I came to the conclusion that this is a scam for money and control best to leave it.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

The turning point for me was a question raised by a work colleague concerning the divorce rate amongst Christian denominations. Unable to find any satisfying answers the magazines, I decided to google it. That sent me down a rabbit hole I was unable to come up out of. From this question been asked to physically walking out the door took about 18 months.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit