The Watchtower—Study Edition | November 2021

by RULES & REGULATIONS 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• asp59
    asp59

This is an experience from the 80s. Before it came to light children were not protected inside congregations from child abuse.

• zachias
    zachias

The wt is big on saying its up to the parents to protect their kids.

• waton
    waton

whoever wrote that fictitious account has not been among a bunch of undisciplined soldiers with a mother and her 15 year old daughter.

a bullet would be the least of their worries, or a more merciful fate.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am not in a position to say whether their experiences are made up.. and neither is anyone. But I will say that for every one that gets an escape , a dozen more seem to get the chop.. as seen in Russia.

So what is the criteria for protection? They can never answer that ....

I won’t knock the concept of prayer. If you believe in God it is all part of faith

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Why do I feel that it's always 'groundhog day' experiences in the washtowel?

It just seems to be the same old stuff with different names to Andre.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

A religious reporter was asking an elderly devout Jewish man who has been going to the wailing wall in Jerusalem everyday for over sixty years and asked him what he was praying for and he replied "that all mankind should love and be in peace with one another including Jews and Arabs and we could all live together in harmony."

And the reporter said : And what do you think ?

The Elderly devout Jewish man said, " Sometimes I think I`m just talking to a brick wall "

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Waton whoever wrote that fictitious account has not been among a bunch of undisciplined soldiers with a mother and her 15 year old daughter.
    a bullet would be the least of their worries, or a more merciful fate.

It's laughable. I just wonder how they justify to themselves putting in a completely fake story in a magazine supposedly representing Jehovah?

I think they find stories in books or on the internet or, more likely, some CO twists the arm of the elders until they find someone who'll distort their story enough until it's what they want to hear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit