Do U Detest JWs.

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i think any half -way intelligent dub must have a real struggle trying to maintain their "faith" on a daily basis. but--from what i remember-----for most dubs half-way intelligence was an unrealistic goal.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I don't detest ordinary JWs. There are a lot of decent, but perhaps naïve and poorly-educated, people in the organization.

But I do detest the GB, the higher ups, the career DOs & COs - those that make others' lives misery, those that hide paedophiles from justice, the elders that want to know intimate details of peoples' private lives.

It goes without saying that I detest the Watchtower religion ...

• sissyb
    sissyb
    I detest the haughty ones who look down on others, and I detest the ones who shun their family members. There is no excuse for behavior like that. But mostly I just feel pity for them because they are scared to death to think for themselves.
  • Londo111
    Londo111

I don’t detest JWs. I used to be one, so I know their mindset. One cannot detest a blind person for not being able to see. I was once blind myself.

That said, I view most as unhealthy “association” in their current state and for my own mental and emotional health believe it is best for me to keep my proximity to them at a minimum. It is the unloving organization I detest, not the individuals caught within it.

• Clambake
    Clambake

As a whole I can stand the women. For the majority of them it is just a club. Of course there are some real biggest dog in the yard bitches but that just isn’t a JW thing. Plus there are some shunning Gestapo females I have met I can’t stand.

There are some elders though I truly dislike. Narcissistic, arrogant, dishonest, delusional sense of self- importance, uneducated. My current hall it just seems the biggest loser automatically gets the job.

Something that really bothers me and there is a certain elder in my hall who likes to make the stupidest over the top comments just in an attempt make people roll their eyes so he can spot the ones who haven’t bought it lock stock and sinker.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

That's what I realized the mind set. Even though I had walked a way I still had the

JW mind set. I defended the shunning policy for years, it was a act of love I told

people. I was one who believe it was the best religion out there, but not for me.

OH boy , when I saw the light I became the true Apostate, ISIS in reverse.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl
    Yes, a few of them I do despise.
  • Clambake
    Clambake

I was renting a room for a while to my wives JW in-laws. It was a husband, wife and 5 year old child.

One evening two elders showed up ( childless also) to do a shepherding call because the 5 year old looked get this……………. uninterested during the meetings. Basically they told him he wasn’t a good child and they were bad parents for not making their child love Jehovah.

I had to leave the house it was so disgusting.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I never detested JWs. I've disliked many of them because of their rigidity and know-it-all smarminess.

The truth is, over the years, I became a bit rigid and cocksure too.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

minimus challenged, "JWs are not terrible people. They are simply effed up. I don't get mad at them. I sympathize with them....how about u???"

For the most part I agree with you Min, ...but there is something pathological about people who protect pedophiles and shun the victims of pedophiles; people who gather in a hospital to urge their "friends" to refuse medical treatment for themselves and their children.

Their continual reliance on Jehovah has caused their spines to atrophy. They may SEEM nice, but they are a bunch of nice androids. They extend no empathy to the non-JW world that they judge worthy of destruction. They are like a cross between non-violent Quakers and fanatic Muslim terrorists - they won't kill you, but they will be GLAD when you are DEAD.

So I don't agree with you at all, Min. No offense...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit