If You Question The Governing Body, You're Like Korah

by pale.emperor 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The thing about Korah is that after the ground opened up and swallowed him and the other rebels, the people blamed Moses and Aaron!

Moses was chosen by the Lord and had many witnesses of his power, according to the story. Also, seventy of the elders of Israel were permitted to see God and dine in his presence. Even to this day, the peaks of Sinai (Jebal Al Lawz) are blackened by fire.

The Governing Body has not seen God, nor have they seen an angel or angels, nor have they been commanded to do anything. They have appointed themselves as leaders in a manmade religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7NgmKl3Cq4

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

When I have asked ones to please explain to me how the GB was chosen by god in 1919. The response is to change the subject and to say all the proof they need is that JWs are the only ones who preach about gods kingdom and that is all they need to know.

Talk about sticking your head in the sand.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

This has been a comparison I have used in speaking to people. Its damning, because in this scenario, the GB compares themselves to an actual prophet....Moses.

So in order for me to be Korah....they need to be Moses. But......where is the evidence they are Moses of today? Didn't Jesus rebuke the Pharisees for "seating themselves in the seat of Moses"?

In the end, it comes down to authority. the bible says "all authority in heaven and on earth" was given Jesus when he ascended. So.......after that.......did he give it to anyone? At best, they can claim special "responsibility", which is very different than authority. This is not just a semantics argument. There is a HUGE difference between responsibility and authority.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PROBLEMADDICT:

Jesus did rebuke the Pharisees for presuming to sit in the seat of Moses.

I don't like the idea that these men are elevating themselves and implying they are above criticism.

• zeb
    zeb

If you q the gb you are like Korah? Well if you deny the Christ then you are like the Pharisees!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

.....and now the GB say that they're not inspired or infallible. We all can guess that this is due to all the legal implications being shovelled their way, that they want to wriggle out of.

Even Paedo loving pope whacko Jacko said it was presumptuous to say the G.O.D. GB were the only channel of invisible sky psycho on Earth.

Take just these 2 things on face value and the WBT$ is totally destroyed.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent thread

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Its the same tactic followed by religious leaders/ Org Worldwide.

If you question me you are questioning god. How dare you.

Supplementary:

Yes, WT can compare themselves to Moses.

Numbers: 31

17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Yet Jesus "questioned" the Sanhedrin and he's a hero!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit