If You Question The Governing Body, You're Like Korah

by pale.emperor 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Anyone who questions the Governing Bodys authority is labelled as an apostate and almost always they bring up the story of Korah and his revolt against Moses.

Watchtower August 1st, 2002, the article Loyally Submit to Godly Authority paragraphs 8-15.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2002563

In not so subtle hint, the GB likens themselves to Moses, and those who disagree with the GB are Korah.

Paragraph 15 is actually quite damaging to the GB's argument though:

It was so unnecessary for all those people to lose their lives. If only they had reasoned matters out.

But no one is allowed to "reason matters out" with Watchtower. Try, and find yourself in the back room with arrangements being made for a JC to shut you up.

They could have asked themselves such questions as: ‘Who appeared before Pharaoh at the risk of their lives? Who demanded that the Israelites be set free? Who alone was invited to ascend Mount Horeb after Israel’s deliverance to speak face-to-face with God’s angel?’ Surely the remarkable record of Moses and Aaron gave proof of their loyalty to Jehovah and their love for the people.

Yes, in the Australian Royal Commission, who was it that turned up to face their accusers? Was it the GB? Gerrit Losch denied even being a member of Watchtower. [http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/i-do-not-answer-to-watchtower-stunning-gerrit-losch-declaration-revealed].

Jeffrey Jackson has to be dragged there, and even then only appeared by video link! They let their lawyers take the hit and even then they lied on the stand and twisted words.

Rutherford tried to curry favour with Adolf Hitler before WWII, and only when he was rebuked did he become anti Nazi. [https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/hitler-nazi.php].

Did a single member of the GB try to intervene in Malawi when the brothers and sisters were being butchered, raped, imprisoned and tortured?

No. Their own words condemn them. They dont do, and never have done, any of those things like Moses supposedly did.

No signs. No evidence. Nothing.

As such, any person is perfectly justified in asking for the GB's credentials. Korah, apparently, had seen the credentials of Moses but rebelled anyway. How are we in any way imitating Korah when we have zero evidence for the GB's authority?
  • tornapart
    tornapart

The thing is, they've got it all wrong....back to front! Is the GB themselves to be compared with Moses? Isn't Jesus supposed to be the 'Greater Moses'? Didn't he condemn the Pharisees for 'sitting in the seat of Moses? So if Jesus is to be compared with Moses then who is it that should be compared with Korah? It certainly isn't the R&F!!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

JW's will face a Judicial Committee and guaranteed disfellowshipping if they obey 1 John 4:1 to "test the inspired expressions", and openly discuss their research with other J.W.s.

The cult has indoctrinated the sheep to hear the org's "voice" - and to hear alarm bells if they hear otherwise.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Oh, but they ARE just like Moses. I can clearly see them leading an entire nation of Witnesses into a wilderness of darkness to perish.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread, and great replies!!

Just like Moses, who (if you believe the story in the bible) took credit for bringing forth water from the rocky crag, so too, the GB take credit for things that are not theirs....

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I would love to be able to sit down with a JW and calmly and logically discuss with them the question "On what is the authority of the GB based ?"

It seems to me it is impossible to do this, last time I tried the Elder I asked said "There is sufficient evidence for me to believe in their authority".

He refused to say what that "evidence" was.

They operate as does any Totalitarian regime, on fear alone.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

In not so subtle hint, the GB likens themselves to Moses, and those who disagree with the GB are Korah.

One more interesting example of the GB being likened to Moses -- Moses did NOT make it into the Promised Land!

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Actually, Moses and Aaron didn't risk their lives. If I recall correctly, God told them to go and not to be afraid. In other words, they were under the protection of God. How could they be risking their lives. According to the story, it was the Pharaoh who was the one in danger.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

In 140 years since 1879, the Governing Body has delivered the Photo-Drama of Creation and a Website. What more proof do you need? "Enough" evidence.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I was brought before a judicial committee for: "speaking against the Organization" they convicted me by a letter written by an elder I sent a letter to .

I sent a bunch of letters with my return address stamped on the envelope. The letter simply had copies of Lifton's 8 criteria of thought reform that was it, no comments from me, just this info lifted off the internet back in 2001. It was something like this :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought_Reform_and_the_Psychology_of_Totalism

In the book, Lifton outlines the "Eight Criteria for Thought Reform":
    1. Milieu Control. This involves the control of information and communication both within the environment and, ultimately, within the individual, resulting in a significant degree of isolation from society at large.
    2. Mystical Manipulation. The manipulation of experiences that appears spontaneous but is, in fact, planned and orchestrated by the group or its leaders in order to demonstrate divine authority, spiritual advancement, or some exceptional talent or insight that sets the leader and/or group apart from humanity, and that allows reinterpretation of historical events, scripture, and other experiences. Coincidences and happenstance oddities are interpreted as omens or prophecies.
    3. Demand for Purity. The world is viewed as black and white and the members are constantly exhorted to conform to the ideology of the group and strive for perfection. The induction of guilt and/or shame is a powerful control device used here.
    4. Confession. Sins, as defined by the group, are to be confessed either to a personal monitor or publicly to the group. There is no confidentiality; members' "sins," "attitudes," and "faults" are discussed and exploited by the leaders.
    5. Sacred Science. The group's doctrine or ideology is considered to be the ultimate Truth, beyond all questioning or dispute. Truth is not to be found outside the group. The leader, as the spokesperson for God or for all humanity, is likewise above criticism.
    6. Loading the Language. The group interprets or uses words and phrases in new ways so that often the outside world does not understand. This jargon consists of thought-terminating clichés, which serve to alter members' thought processes to conform to the group's way of thinking.
    7. Doctrine over person. Members' personal experiences are subordinated to the sacred science and any contrary experiences must be denied or reinterpreted to fit the ideology of the group.
    8. Dispensing of existence. The group has the prerogative to decide who has the right to exist and who does not. This is usually not literal but means that those in the outside world are not saved, unenlightened, unconscious and they must be converted to the group's ideology. If they do not join the group or are critical of the group, then they must be rejected by the members. Thus, the outside world loses all credibility. In conjunction, should any member leave the group, he or she must be rejected also.[3]
    mmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit