Recent mistakes of the Governing Body contributing to the decline of JWs

by slimboyfat 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

They let that moron Anthony Morris on the stage for the Zone meeting talk about a year and a half ago. The one about the 23 year old MS's, tight pants and spanks.

They had the entire organization listening and this idiot went on and on about men who are not MS's by the age of 23 not being good marriage material. They could have used the time to encourage those ones struggling. Way to go WT, I think you opened many eyes to what you truly are. They are digging their own grave by all the crazy talk and changes. I don't think the "apostates" will have much to do, the cult is doing it for us.

• someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX

If I'm a "Worldly person", and a JW comes to the door, first thing I do after reluctantly taking their mags is type into google "Jehovah's Witnesses". And I see this. Yah for Simon and his great website!!! It's top 5 for all those truth seekers now :> After a couple of clicks, most "householders" can quickly learn about the TTATT and tell the JW's next time to take a hike.

Same goes for normal JW's as well. Even ones just looking for jw.org are going to be lazy and type in Jehovah's Witnesses at some point......and the rabbit hole begins :>

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

never a jw - "I have a conspiracy theory that I find attractive and plausible. Some people on charge of finances likes the idea of reducing membership because it will enable them to convert into vanishing liquid assets some of their huge real estate portfolio."

Hmm.

Hadn't though of that.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

neverajw.

We thought of that theory as well. It seems that the decisions and changes are so blatantly crazy, they seem to want to run everyone off. It is so strange!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Great thread, sbf. My thoughts:

Not keeping up with the times. Doggedly sticking to fundamentalism and being anti-science/education. While most other churches have found a way to incorporate evolution in their beliefs, witnesses continue to deny all of it. Science is proving otherwise. Just how deep can witnesses bury their heads in the sand, and for how long? I think they've got to come out with some balance soon. Evolution is being taught at younger and younger grades in school.

Also, they better teach some tolerance of homosexuality soon, they are starting to sound like the KKK. Even if they smooth over their condemnations in literature, taking the hatred out at the local level will take some training and work. Kids today are very sensitive to inflammatory speech and bigotry. Even traditional gender qualities are no longer easily defined. How can it be ok to not let women hold a microphone or have leadership roles anymore, when countiries like Sweden are not even using the gender specific 'he' or 'she' but inventing gender neutral pronouns?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Slimboyfat: Please add your own!

Money woes.

The constant asking for donations, which amounts to begging, is offensive to many. The org claims 'no collections taken, we exist on voluntary donations only,' but that claim flies in the face of Watchtower's money making tactics.

Selling off major properties (Brooklyn), taking money from congregation bank accounts (except for small monthly operating costs), and requiring congregations to donate a fixed amount of money every month are examples of Watchtower's money making ways that have never been exercised in the organization's history.

Add in the OP's mention of asking children to donate their pocket change and JW's who are even half awake have to wonder 'What is going wrong with this organization?'

The negative attention from many of the faithful, who are offended by the constant requests for money, is likely resulting in even fewer donations.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

My dad died in 2003, at that time he, nor anyone else in my family knew who the GB where, what they looked like and what their background was.

I can only imagine what his reaction would be watching Stephen Lett give a talk. Comedy hand gestures, 3 facial expressions and talking like he's had a stroke.

A previous poster on another thread said it best "if this man came up to you in the street and said "hey, i talk to God - and he talks to me back. One day im going to live with Jesus in heaven and be a King and Preist and rule over the earth".

You'd quite rightly call him either a conman, deluded or mentally ill.

• done4good
    done4good

Due to the effects of Moore's Law and broader social evolutionary factors, all religion is in decline.

Ideology by its very nature is not based on fact and reason. When an ideology is challenged by facts that demonstrate its dogma to be false, ideologues typically dig their heels in deeper. GB are ideologues. They are responding to the onslaught of information that exposes their ideology as false with tighter controls, emotional manipulation, and a dumbing down of information presented. All of these things work against them, and actually exacerbate the problem in the long-run.

JW are not alone in this respect. We see the same thing happening to all ideological groups that doggedly refuse to accept facts and the effects of social evolution. The Republican party, all other authoritarian religious systems, etc., all are experiencing the same pressure to conform to accepted facts and social change, and all of them are trying their best to not cooperate. The response is one of ignorant refusal. The good news is, facts catch up sooner or later, and will force change whether these groups accept it or not. They can either evolve or die out. The same will be true of the WT.

For those of you that think the WT will be around forever, keep in mind that social evolution follows a pattern very similar to biological evolution, just with a much shorter timescale. Small incremental changes in society eventually result in a larger paradigm shifts, (think of the state of the GOP before it indirectly produced a Donald Trump). The societal changes affecting WT, along with their own stubborn refusal to accept facts, will eventually produce a situation they cannot control, and that will force their demise, or at least force them to take on a likeness that no one would recognize as JW.

d4g

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I went to jw facts last night to look at the number and the baptism number in the last 10 to 15 years are all over the place. You would expect numbers to go up after 9/11 or the crash of 2007-2008 but they have spikes in other years that don't make sense . I just don't think I believe any of thier numbers anymore. If you look at the numbers thier not loosing anymore now then before yet thier panicking and stating everyone should remain loyal etc.. This tells me thier loosing more in the past few years then the numbers are telling us.

• steve2
    steve2

The organization desperately needs a blood transfusion and fractions won't do anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit