Ass(Mule) Worshipping Hebrews

by Ravyn 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

Ass(Mule) Worshipping Hebrews (highlighting mine)

"The Women’s Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets" by Barbara G. Walker, 1983, Harper-Collins publishing:

Ass-

The ass-god Pales had an extensive cult throughout the ancient world. Palestine, Philistia and Palantine Hill in Rome were named for Pales, who was both male and female-1.

The old Norse word ass meant both "Asian" and "deity", possibly indicating that the divine ass originated in Asia-2. The pre-Vedic sacred king Ravana sported ten crowned human heads surmounted by one ass head, symbolizing the spirit of the ass-god incarnate in ten kings-3. The long ears of the ass seem to have had the same significance of virility in ancient India as the horns of the sacred bull or stag-4.

Tacitus said the Jews worshipped the ass because wild asses were responsible for their survival in the desert-5. According to Genesis 36:24, it was the tribal matriarch Anah, or Hannah, who first found asses in the wilderness. Balaam’s oracular she-ass may have been the manifestation of the spirit of Anah, as Balaam himself was another name for Baal.

Samson slew the Philistines with an ass’s jawbone, the same bone still regarded as the seat of the soul by some African tribes-6. Jesus entered Jerusalem on an ass’s colt, symbol of the New Year. The lilim or Children of Lilith were ass-haunched, for they were spirits left over from the real source of the Jewish ass-cult: Egypt, home of the ass-headed god Set, or Seth.

Set once ruled the dynastic gods, and in token of his sovereignty displayed a pair of ass’s ears at the tip of a reed sceptor. The Hyksos Kings of Egypt revived Set’s cult in the second millennium BC, perhaps because their own ass-eared Midas was a similar god-king. The annual alternation of Set and his brother Osiris(or Horus), who murdered each other in perpetual rivalry for the favors of Isis, reflected constant replacement of sacred kings in pre-dynastic times-7.

Ass-eared King Midas, a son of Cybele, died of drinking bull’s blood. In other words he was connected with the Taurobolium or bull-sacrifice made in honor of both Cybele and Isis. Midas has been identified with Mita("Seed"), a king of the Moschians or "calf-men", who invaded the country of the Hittites from Thrace during the second millennium BC. Midas’ Golden Touch and ass’s ears link him with the cult of Set and the Golden Calf(Horus), whose image was worshipped by the Israelites(Exodus 32:2-4).

Under Egypt’s Hyksos kings, Set was a god of the hot desert wind, known as the Breath of the Ass. He was "Lord of the Chambers of the South", whence storm winds came-8. His wind from the desert was supposed to bring pestilence, ie, typhus, derived from Set’s Greek name, Typhon. This name was interlingual and worldwide. It meant both the ass-god and the wind called tufan in Arabic and Hindustani; t’ai fung in Chinese; and tuffoon or Typhoon in the South Pacific-9.

Ass-headed Set was a sacrificial deity in the cult of Horus and Osiris. He was crucified on a furka and wounded in the side-10. He and Horus were represented as alternating year-gods who fought and castrated one another, each being baptized in the blood of the other’s "phallic eye", as the Pyramid Text said: "Horus is purified with the Eye of his brother Set; Set is purified with the Eye of his brother Horus."-11. The Eye of phallus passed from one to the other. A statue of Horus at Coptos carried Set’s severed phallus in his hand-12. After castrating Set, Horus spread his blood on the fields to render them fertile–the usual fructification-by-male-blood found in the oldest sacrificial Mysteries-13.

Thus Set and Horus were remnants of a primitive sacred-king cult, which the Jews adopted. The story of the rival gods appeared in the Bible as Seth’s supplanting of the sacrificed shepherd Abel, evidently the same "Good Shepherd" as Osiris-Horus (Genesis 4:25). Their rivalry was resolved in Egypt by having the pharaoh unite both gods in himself. Tomb paintings of Ramses IV, showed him as both Set and Horus, two heads set upon one neck-14.

Similarly, the Jewish God uniting both Father and Son was sometimes an ass-headed man crucified on a tree. This was one of the earliest representations of the Messiah’s crucifixion. Some said Christ was the same as the Jewish ass-god Iao, identified with Set-15. Jews in Rome were said to worship an ass’s head as their deity-16.

The Roman cult of the ass apparently originated in Libya, home of the bisexual Pales, whose temple stood on Palantine Hill and gave rise to the word "palace"-17. Servius said Pales was a Goddess, the Diva Palatua, a disguise of Vesta. Others said Pales was either a female protectress of herd animals, or Vesta’s male consort. In the first two centuries AD, Pales was worshipped as a priapic god at the festival of the Palilia, the traditonal date of the founding of Rome, when the Palladium was brought to Vesta’s temple-18. Priests of Pales wore ass-head masks as they danced in honor of the long-eared deity. The Palilia was taken into the Christian calendar as the Feast of St. George. One of its old customs may have given rise to the Halloween game of "Pin the Tail on the Donkey", which recalls Rome’s sacrifices of equine tails triumphantly carried to the temple of Vesta-19.

1-Larousse,209. 2-Turville-Petre, 23. 3-Norman,123. 4-Rawson, EA, 25. 5-Tacitus,658.

6-Book of the Dead, 270-271. 7-Graves, GM 1, 283-284. 8-Graves, WG, 301. 9-Encyc. Brit.,"Typhoon". 10-Campbell, MI, 29. 11-Norman, 42. 12-Knight, SL, 124. 13-Budge, GE, 2,59. 14-Norman, 38, 48. 15-M. Smith,62. 16-Guignebert,53. 17-Briffault, 3, 18.

18-Larousse, 209. 19-Dum`ezil,221.

____________________________________________________________________________

yet another reason why I am not Christian. I don’t worship the Ass.

Ravyn

• Satanus
    Satanus

Veddy intedestink. For me, it's a toss up between ass worship and leg worship;)

SS

• gumby
    gumby

Now I know why all those hero's in the bible were gettin so much ass.

Gumby

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

smart-asses!

Ravyn

• Robdar
    Robdar

LOL at Ravyn....at least they aren't Dumb asses.

Interesting thread, btw....

Rob

• mizpah
    mizpah

It's all a very interesting posting Ravyn. But what are you trying to suggest? The Israelites worshipped many false gods in their history. (The Golden calf, the serpent of Moses, the gods of the Canaanites, etc.) Please make your point clearer.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn
    Similarly, the Jewish God uniting both Father and Son was sometimes an ass-headed man crucified on a tree. This was one of the earliest representations of the Messiah’s crucifixion. Some said Christ was the same as the Jewish ass-god Iao, identified with Set-

basically that sums up my point. Iao is Jah is it not?

yet another reason why I am not Christian. I don’t worship the Ass.

that is my point. The more I study the Bible and ancient cultures the more I am convinced that the Bible is nothing more than a piece of ancient Jewish literature and completely irrelevant to my life, since I am neither Jewish, nor were my ancestors. It is complete arrogance and utter nonsense for the Christians to claim their god is the only true one and their religion the only way to live. Christianity and Judaism are both intellectually dishonest, being based on indigenous tribal religions that pre-date them by thousands of years and trying to say that they are the only true one and those they are based on are pagan and false.

Ravyn, of the other people

• mizpah
    mizpah

Ravyn:

Thanks for clarifying. I should have noticed the source of information: " The Women's Encyclopedia of Myth and Secrets." Sorry I even dignified your posting by responding.

• gumby
    gumby
    Sorry I even dignified your posting by responding.

What a rude statement.

Gumby

• donkey
    donkey

Screw you all for making fun of me!!

I am a God. I am THE God...why won't you believe me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit