Predictions of The Org in one year.

by Overrated 17 Replies latest jw friends

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I still think there'll be a split within my lifetime. One of the GB or their helpers after this GB are dust will do a Rutherford and start printing their own shit and claim to be "persecuted" and start an off-shoot... which will be whitewashed as anyone who didnt follow him were apostates.

Any failed Watchtower predictions can be brushed off as "the GB were apostates".

The pattern is repearing itself:

1879: CT Russel - one man leading

1917: Board of directors leading

1918: JF Rutherford prints his own shit and breaks away. JW founded. One man leading.

1976: Governing body leading

Who is the most narcassistic of the helpers? Perhaps the guy with the glass, Gary Breaux.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

so--to review.

publications --? still going on ?

door knocking-?

meetings- ?

assemblies-?

merging congs and selling off halls-?

not much left of it-is there ?

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I think unfortunately the cult will be with us like the virus for some time to come.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Cult is without doubt moribund. But that gradual dying off will take some time, as their Business Method is so lucrative, it will be a long time before they finally run out of cash.

I can foresee that they will go more on line, eventually. I think they will bring back the usual crap, door knocking, Meetings at the K.H etc to reassure the R&F that all is well.

But they will go on-line almost totally in a fairly short time thereafter, in order to sell more K.Halls and Assembly Halls, and to shed the Third World type places that contribute nothing, and actually cost them money. Anywhere that becomes Internet connected they will still keep on.

If this means shedding millions of members, they do not care, as long as the remaining members still contribute.

Remember, this lot, JW Org, are all about the $$$.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Wondering what effect- if any- coming out of covid will have on jw's?

Judging by the recording I heard of a circuit oversneer's Sunday final talk, none at all. Except that maybe the fear, panic, and control will be ratcheted up even more intense than it already is.

He referred to the Jews in 66-70 C.E. He said that when the Roman armies left that would be like COVID appearing to be under control and no longer a danger. But only faithful JW's would be obedient enough to instruction from the governing body (wear masks, isolate and shelter in place, don't go out unless it is an emergency, get others to bring groceries and needed items to you) to survive when it came back, just like the Roman armies. And only obedient JW's would have Gee-HO'-Vuh's protection because only they would have been obedient and "obeyed whatever instructions were received, even if they did not appear strategic from a human standpoint."

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Judging by the recording I heard of a circuit oversneer's Sunday final talk, none at all. Except that maybe the fear, panic, and control will be ratcheted up even more intense than it already is.''

You know, I've been wondering about this a bit too. Like after 9/11, you might see an incremental increase in the ''numbers'' when this pandemic is over.

There was a video by JWillusion recently. He was relating how high-control groups should not let a ''pandemic go to waste''. In that they can ratchet down the 'Fear' in them sheeples to gain more control.

• Faded4good
    Faded4good
    They will loose worldwide their charity status.

Over time, I think the GB will slowly close the branch offices in countries around the world and administer the individual congregations from Warwick because doing so would bring them several advantages:

Of all of the wealthy developed countries in the world the U.S. has the strongest constitutional protections for religion, so while WTBTS may lose it's tax-exempt status in other countries they will likely keep it in the U.S. Also American courts, both state and federal, usually try to do anything they can to toss out any case brought against a religious organization for fear that such a case might be impacted by the free exercise clause or the establishment clause.

If they get to the point that Warwick is the only thing left other than the congregations themselves then the GB gets a bigger percentage of the money coming from the shrinking donation pie.

As for any abuse that has occurred or that continues to occur in nations other than the U.S. the GB will be able to shield themselves from financial exposure.

Finally, as the membership continues to dwindle and Kingdom Halls around the world slowly close the GB will be free to sell the real estate and take the money for themselves (without a local branch office taking a cut) so that they can support the Warwick complex for as long as possible.

-

In the end they may devolve into an online-only organization where JW . org has a paywall section where dubs are expected to pay fee of something like $19.95 a month to demonstrate that they are "active" witnesses. Although such a scenario would probably take many decades to develop.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The years fly by a lot faster than they used to do so. But then, that's probably because I'm a lot older.

Point is, a year isn't much time. I don't think changes of any consequence will take place within the next 12 months.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit