Can Today's JW Logically Explain Their Beliefs?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So then Jah had a hand in creating the inter-net so his faithful followers could use it to preach the kingdom message to all mankind.

Not to mention a hand in creating IPads and all computers.

Maybe Bill Gates is Jah ?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

How could they explain their beliefs when they don't even know what the beliefs are.

• carla
    carla

Did you mean can they explain their beliefs this week? At one time it would depend on the next issue of the wt, now with only a few coming out a year perhaps it will be easier if the darn doors would just stay on the jw scripted topic!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was pretty good at it in the 1990's and early 2000's. I knew quite a few who could explain the beliefs better than I could and a few who were about the same.

I imagine many of those same ones can still do it, but it probably drops off as the doctrine got into the ridiculous.

My mother knew some of the Fred Franz stuff pretty well. She could explain difficult Revelation stuff and 1914 stuff and the like. She was really good at understanding why the end didn't come in 1975, but was imminent.

But she gave up on figuring it out somewhere in the changes of doctrine. I think many will be just like my mother and get frustrated with the delay of Armageddon and not keep up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit