Study article: "Go, and Make Disciples.." is a hot mess

by Sanchy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

I once saw a YouTube video that shows other Bible Society's worldwide translating and distribution work, and what they are doing is HUGE compared to JW's. They simply don't go around suspender snapping and bragging like the JW's do, eh spike, eh spike ?? !! I'll post it when I find it again, should of saved it really woke me up when I viewed it last year.

Eh spike, eh spike we're good eh spike !! ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVNHcob3oJg

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Great summary. What a huge array of rhetorical fallacies. How do JWs lap up such obviously poor and contradictory reasoning?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    jwfacts: How do JWs lap up such obviously poor and contradictory reasoning?

They want to.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh dear!

Oh dear!

This has to be one of the most illogical and contradictory articles they have produced in such a long time.

Excellent review in the opening post!!

Oh and isn't there a very well known expression that says, "self praise, is no praise"?

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn
    Is there a scripture where Jesus addresses hundreds of his disciples with the commission to tell the good news?

Parallel Gospels:

http://www.para-gospel.com/section/asv/17.TheResurrection///

Matthew 28:16-20 is a stand-alone.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Without the preaching and teaching activities of Christendom over the centuries there would be no Bible and no manuscripts with which the JWs used to base their version of Christianity on. No Christendom = No Bible.

• smiddy
    smiddy

They say Christendom sits around waiting for people to come to them ? in their Churches ?

It sounds like they are describing their own cart witnessing.

How does that ex[plain Christendom with well over a Billion members worlwide , when the JW`s come on the scene they are only following in the footsteps of Christendom that`s gone before them .

And after 100+ years they haven`t made much impact , The Seventh Day Adventists , the Mormons , have made more converts.

And I believe the JW`s hold the record of more turnovers among any of Christendoms religions.

smiddy

• alanv
    alanv

According to Ray Franz when the society were sending missionaries out, they were told to go to the 'Christians' first before they went to any people of other religions.

In other words they already knew about Jesus and the bible, long before the Watchtower missionaries got there.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Reinforcing propaganda for the flock.....that's all that article was.....

When they have to resort to articles like that, it proves just how desperate they are getting....

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

In all their bragging about there 'marvelous' accomplishments that identify them as the 'only true religion', I wonder why they forgot this verse from James 1:27

" The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world."

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit