Cappytan has made a video. Here is the link

by joe134cd 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

juandefieroan hour ago
    Just spitballing here, Cappy may be thinking of rebranding. Perhaps since he's using his face, he doesn't want it associated with the old username?

Bang on Juan, quite understandable too
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Looking forward to it Cappy whenever it's ready.
  • talesin
    talesin

Sorry, Cappy, I'm not on your friend's list and can't see it.

I know it's not 'on purpose' , but a great way to build suspense! (just teasing you, we really want to see this).

xx tal

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

................ Was the Video There?.......Did I see It?..

............MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm..

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/11/beats-me-I-dont-know-IDK-no-idea-Steve-Martin-think-thinking-GIF.gif?gs=a

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    idiots its invisible! there is more proof of cappytans video than electricity and wind!
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

This video has obviously been invisibly present since 1914 ;)

Eden

• cappytan
    cappytan

Ok guys, here's the deal.

The video is ready. It's on the subject of how to respond to JWs when they use the excuse that the organization is the closest thing to the truth.

I was ready to reupload it.

Wife put the kaibosh on it though. She's not quite ready for me to effectively DA myself by putting my face out there in public. We suspect (with good reasons I won't get into) family or our former elders of knowing our ExJW online personas.

She's not quite ready for me to be public.

Maybe in a few months.

In the meantime, I am continuing with the "How to respond" series, and when my wife is ready, I will have a nice backlog of videos to release one at a time.

• steve2
    steve2

From your account, it's unlikely she - or you - will be ready to put it out "Maybe in a few months".

Is there no way you can re-do it so that you are not the figurehead?

Have you put any of your "How to respond" videos out yet?

• cappytan
    cappytan
    From your account, it's unlikely she - or you - will be ready to put it out "Maybe in a few months".

I'm ready now. I don't care if they DA me or DF me. I'm done. I've closed the book. That chapter is over, I want to help others. She's not used to the idea yet. She still holds out hope that her family will talk to her.

Is there no way you can re-do it so that you are not the figurehead?

There is a way. However, I feel that personal videos are more impactful. Christian and Katja, Lloyd, Mike & Kim, ApostateChick have all been effective in their own ways for various reasons, whether or not you like them. But I think their biggest strength is that there is a face to the information.

I'm thinking this over and seriously considering it. If I can do this in an effective manner without showing my face, maintaining a sense of seriousness as this is a serious matter, and do so in a way that won't scare off a JW searching YouTube, I will do it.

Have you put any of your "How to respond" videos out yet?

No, not yet. This was the first in the series.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit