Watchtower study today - best practice in word

by Gorbatchov 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Due to family reasons Gorby was present today.

The watchtower study was about refugee's.

How to treat refugee's, jw and non believers, and help them spiritual, not financial. Nothing new.

What I mentioned is the juridical message underneath the whole story. Don't talk politics, listen to government regulations etc.

Most bizar is that a whole congregation that normaly avoid giving any aid to people in need, this morning gave the best practice in word about what to do with refugee's.

If the subject was not that serious, this hypocracy could be funny. It wasn't.

G.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Surely a Watchtower and Awake is what all refugees need?
    Food and shelter are so temporary.

It was a sick article.

• tepidpoultry
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

We can surely see how loving jehober is! When a person is starving, cold, and tired, only literature from the watchtower can be truly comforting!

just saying!

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

O God I just had a flash back about how much time I spent listening to utter bull shit being pushed down our throats during WT study/indoctrination meetings, utterly stupid Public talks based on a fairy tale figure Universal Sovereign. I think I'm going to puke.

I guess humor can make it less painful when you got/forced to go for whatever reasons, you have my sympathy man.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Gorby...where are the quotes and the context. Has anyone who has made a comment even read the article, the full article.

I am not defending the despicable cult that has brainwashed my daughter, I just need support for the claims of those attacking it so the attacks can have credibility.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Due to his screwy attitude, Gordy missed the point entirely.

In one paragraph, a couple actually, it did mention helping with physical needs.

The information can easily be mainly directed towards JWs who become refugees, although it can also be applied to others.

Yes, this is true, we mainly help our own and, coincidentally or by mere chance, others. We are very clicky that way because we're quite different in our practices to expect others to come to our aid.

DY

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Para 19 said

19 Like the neighborly Samaritan in Jesus’ illustration, we want to help suffering people, including those who are not Witnesses. (Luke 10:33-37) The best way to do so is by sharing the good news with them. “It is important to make clear right away that we are Jehovah’s Witnesses and that our primary mission is to help them spiritually, not materially,” notes an elder who has helped many refugees. “Otherwise, some may associate with us only for personal advantage.”

Don't help the non-witness refugees! According to WT reasoning Jesus wouldn't have.

• steve2
    steve2

“Otherwise, some may associate with us only for personal advantage.”

Heaven forbid that kind, generous, well-fed and waistline expanding JWs would ever have to endure refugees trying their best to improve their children's and their own lot in life.

Only the smug and self-righteous would need to prick up their ears and scan the horizon to judge what is and is not "personal advantage".

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Of all the Christian based religions out there, the JWS is one that does absolutely nothing for local charities.

They will only help other JWS when instructed by local elders, that's the policy of the Borg.

According to the bible, Christian offerings of help to the needy is not so suppose to be prejudice and selective to only other practicing Christians.

Well who said the JWS adhere closely to the bible and Jesus's instructions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit