Is the WT’s Paradise Earth doctrine a delusion?

by deegee 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Are there any jw doctrines that are not delusional?

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    The idea of living in a paradise comes from the Egyptians, they called it the field of reeds. Going to heaven also their idea and so was having a spirit. Getting baptized, circumcision all theirs. Christanity is mostly a copy of this ancient religion.
  • Conanthebeliever
    Conanthebeliever

I am pretty new here, and I only know what I have been taught at my studies, so this is what I feel if it is indeed an earthly paradise that will occur.

Not everyone is going to be righteous, or good at heart. We only have to look at the world to see that many, many people do not care for others, but themselves, and themselves alone.

Now-I DO NOT know if these people will be good people, without influence of evil. If they are bad, they would cease to exist as I understand?

So, maybe the world will be big enough, just not enough people will actually make it in the afterlife?

Remember, I am pretty new, so I may be completely wrong, and everyone will be saved. If this is true-then, there definitely will be an overpopulation issue. I am not sure how that would pan out if I am honest, but I believe with God, anything is possible-maybe a lot more land mass would be available, or maybe even the earth would appear bigger?

• compound complex
    compound complex

As to interstellar travel and our dependence upon material goods and support systems, there is no problem. We will transform into Krell ("Forbidden Planet"), who have no need of physical instrumentality. Mere thought becomes a creative force.

Well, for good or for evil.

With the Krell, all things are possible.

CC

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    The waters are muddied somewhat by the "new thought" that perhaps even miscarriages and stillborn babies will be resurrected.

Jesus, I must have missed this! What an utterly absurd thought!

Roughly half of all pregnancies end in miscarriage, most before the woman even realizes she's pregnant. That means half or more of all people receiving resurrections would be setting foot on the planet for the first time.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

If jebova can take 144,000 in interstellar travel from Earth to the Pleiades constellation in a second he can take the humans to any place he wants. He is very practical and imaginative.

Beside Fred Franz is already with him and he also has some crazy ideas. So don't worry.

• deegee
    deegee

@Conanthebeliever,

According to WT theology, all of the dead are to be resurrected on earth.

How many people have ever lived on earth? 108 billion as at mid-2011 according to Population Reference Bureau estimates:

http://www.prb.org/Publications/Articles/2002/HowManyPeopleHaveEverLivedonEarth.aspx

So the resurrected would contribute approximately 1.8 billion persons to the Paradise earth population - the earth's population density just based on the estimated number of persons to be resurrected would be 5 times that of China.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I wrote a thread about this but I can't find it. If the Venus Project and the Methuselah Foundation join forces maybe they'll create JW style paradise between them.

https://www.thevenusproject.com

https://www.mfoundation.org

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    and to think there are some 7 ? million people on this planet that actually believe this nonsense ? ok--the silly thickos have an excuse---but what about those who appear to be almost intelligent. ?
  • steve2
    steve2

Forget the science - or lack - of it all.

I actually am flexible enough to live alongside lions playing with beach balls at parties. Anything to relieve the tedium.

But I refuse to live in a world full of drongoes each sporting their own distinctive nationalistic dress and headwear.

This is Jehovah's fresh new order. We're neutral. So hopefully there will be at long last a worldwide ban on national dress and headwear. Besides, if we are rendered perfect, why the need for any dress or headwear at all?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit