CRA screwup for WT Canada?

by berrygerry 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    talesin: It looks like they may be shutting down the TO Bethel?

Yup. It sure looks that way.

Consolidation. Protection of assets and holding them close to their chest.

I think they are preparing for legal problems and trying to block the seizure of assets to pay off court settlements and victim funds in Australia.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Wow OrphanCrow you're amazing at finding scandals!

If what you are saying is correct, it would be a HUGE deal!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Hard to believe they would shut down Canadian Bethel when they have been shifting all the printing there from the USA.

Doc

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Hard to believe they would shut down Canadian Bethel when they have been shifting all the printing there from the USA.
    Doc

But...how can they print in Canada with only $9,676 in assets? I had said earlier that it was zero...but under 10 grand is like zero when your assets used to be over $160 million.

Who owns the Canadian branch assets like the new printing presses and such? Are those assets just part of the New York assets now? Paper shuffling? And why? Avoidance of Canadian tax laws?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    ILove: Wow OrphanCrow you're amazing at finding scandals!

Thanks. But credit goes to berrygerry who found the tax filing.

• talesin
    talesin
    But...how can they print in Canada with only $9,676 in assets?

Exactly. And no employees.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The donations that come from the individual congregations must get sent directly to New York - do not pass "go" and do not collect $$$...go directly to Crooklyn.

The donations from each congregation exceed the total amount of revenue declared by the Canadian branch office.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/haip/srch/basicsearchresult-eng.action?k=jehovah%27s+witnesses&s=registered&p=1&b=true

• smiddy
    smiddy

Isn`t it true , according to the WTB&TS , that they have never, ever, had employees ? only volunteers ?

Some are paid an allowance , to cover expenses , but most are not paid anything.

smiddy

• talesin
    talesin

That's what struck me - the donations being so low. There is no way that is true. And, no tax receipts? This is a strange one - I know that my parents used to deposit 12 cheques in the Box, so that they got a yearly receipt for tax purposes. There is no way the rich people would be donating without that receipt.

If they are not reporting donations, does this mean they no longer issue tax receipts? It is very strange, indeed.

smiddy, most charities have *some* paid employees. I would be interested to check their 2014 and previous files, to see what they show.

• talesin
    talesin

OC, check out this page - note the donations (not receipted), gifts from 'other charities', and line 5050, which is curious - is this a donation to Headquarters in NY?

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/haip/srch/t3010form23-eng.action?b=119288918RR0129&fpe=2014-08-31&n=HIGHLAND+PARK+CONGREGATION+OF+JEHOVAH%27S+WITNESSES%2C+HALIFAX%2C+NOVA+SCOTIA&r=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cra-arc.gc.ca%3A80%2Febci%2Fhaip%2Fsrch%2Fbasicsearchresult-eng.action%3Fk%3Djehovah%2527s%2Bwitnesses%26amp%3Bs%3Dregistered%26amp%3Bb%3Dtrue%26amp%3Bp%3D6

And this (I thought that all KH buidings/land were deeded back to the Society?):

Did the charity own land and/or buildings? 4050

Yes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit