CRA screwup for WT Canada?

by berrygerry 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• berrygerry
  • talesin
    talesin

The absence of the detailed financial report is curious, and based on these conditions.......

Complete Schedule 6 if any of the following applies to the charity:
    a) The charity's revenue exceeds $100,000.
    b) The amount of all property (for example, investments, rental properties) not used in charitable activities is more than $25,000.
    c) The charity has permission to accumulate funds during this fiscal period.

Apparently, they received less than $20,000 in donations for fiscal year 2015, and own virtually zero property.

Huh? No employees, either.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Holy crap.

Where did all the money go? And property?

Did the charity own land and/or buildings? 4050 No

Total assets (including land and buildings) 4200 $ 9,676

Did the charity issue tax receipts for gifts? 4490 Yes
    If yes, enter the total eligible amount of all gifts for which the charity issued tax receipts. 4500 $ 14,605
    Total other gifts received for which a tax receipt was not issued by the charity (excluding amounts at lines 4575 and 4630) 4530 $ 4,599

Total revenue (add lines 4500, 4510 to 4570, and 4575 to 4650) 4700 $ 19,204

So...the Canadian branch donations only totaled $19,204?

And, the WTS of Canada doesn't own any property???

The WTS has done some major re-structuring.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Assets for the Canadian branch in 2014 were listed as being worth $91,645,960. And $148,806,787 in 2013.

And now they have zero in assets??

It seems like the Canadian branch has now been subsumed by the New York branch.

• talesin
    talesin

I know, right? WTF?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

And...did you notice that of the five directors named, the earliest start date of their appointments was September 2014? All bright and shiny new faces.

It appears like New York has exerted their control and taken over all the assets for the Canadian Branch. I wonder if that is so the upcoming court cases that the WTS anticipates won't be able to seize the assets of WT branches.

I wonder who is listed as owner of all the WTS property in Canada.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Are there details anywhere for federal auditors? It looks fraudulent.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Hmmmph...

If you do a search on the Canadian Branch address - 13893 Highway 7, Georgetown, ON L7G 4S4 - a website company is listed as being at the same address.

http://www.novanetworks.com/

And the Google maps street view for Nova Networks?

Well...it shows the Watch Tower Society.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    JWdaughter: Are there details anywhere for federal auditors? It looks fraudulent.

Reporting detailed financial information does not apply to the Watch Tower in Canada.

Complete Schedule 6 if any of the following applies to the charity:
    a) The charity's revenue exceeds $100,000.
    b) The amount of all property (for example, investments, rental properties) not used in charitable activities is more than $25,000.
    c) The charity has permission to accumulate funds during this fiscal period.

The Canadian WT is reporting less than $100,000 in revenue for 2015.

• talesin
    talesin

I didn't notice the date, but noted that the names were all new to me.

I wish I was more in the family loop, my cousin has been at Bethel for over 20 years. It looks like they may be shutting down the TO Bethel?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit