CNN reporter: They're chanting 'death to America!' but they seem friendly at the same time

by LoveUniHateExams 11 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I can't actually post the clip because I'm in a public library and their administrator won't let me find the clip.

But, a CNN woman reporter apparently on the ground in Kabul, in full hijab, actually says the above clip.

Please, please please, may the clip be just a parody, lol.

• Jeffro
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well at least they are honest and upfront about their intentions.

The US, on the other hand, will declare their deep concern for humanity on the other side of the planet, then bomb them with drones in their sleep, killing women and children, and not even bother to report it in the news.

• Biahi
    Biahi

We need to kill them before they kill us.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The reporting of this whole thing has been ludicrous. For a start they seem intent on sending women into the fray as reporters. All dressed head to toe in hijabs, unable to speak the language, and with a posse of protection around them, they constantly make these asinine comments.

All the time observing there are no Afgan women to be seen on the streets.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Kill them, kill their families, kill their friends and kill their goats.

• Simon
    Simon

CNN: still "breaking" news.

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

I remember a female reporter in Cairo saying the same thing, then the mob gang raped her for about four hours.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Don't rely on western media to be honest about what is actually going on in Kabul. I've read some twitter feeds from there (I admit the possibility that the feeds are bots). I read that the Taliban has assured women that they are key to a healthy economy and can continue to work with Taliban protection, the Taliban will accept bit coin as currency, the Taliban will stop poppy cultivation, and they want to encourage investment. I saw a clip where a Taliban spokesman was asked about free speech and his basic reply was "go ask US companies like Facebook who claim to promote free speech while censuring speech." Maybe, just like today's Afghan, today's Taliban is different from the Taliban 20 years ago. I think it is entirely possible that the US will realize that the big mistake made in Afghanistan wasn't withdrawing the troops. The big mistake was abandoning the Embassy and withdrawing everybody.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The full quote:

People come up to them to pose for photographs. They’re just chanting death to America, but they seem friendly at the same time. It’s utterly bizarre.

The reporter didn’t make any statement about the Taliban being generally friendly. There was a bizarre juxtaposition of people chanting about ‘death to America’ while happily posing for photos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit