• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

POMO... the

9 days and another one gone...

Congratulations with your freedom!

• never a jw
    never a jw

Excellent!

Short, to the point, and mainly very clear on how little you care about their shunning, guilt tripping and hounding.

Brief disassociation letter is the way to go. I understand the motives of the faders, but I admire the ones with the guts to give the middle finger to the Watchtower and walk out proud, strong and renewed.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Just remember that the elders are instructed to contact you about your letter to make sure it wasn't a rash decision. Be not surprised if one doesn't try to track you down for confirmation. I was one of those trackers not so long ago.

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

I'll write p.s I do not want to be contacted In any form

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

P.p.s - if Anyone turns up at my door or phones or tries to contact me in any way then the police will be called and my solicitor will be contacted for a restraining order for harassment

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

You can keep it very simple and just say "I quit"

Rub a Dub

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

My letter just says to BOE I No longer wish to be known as one of Jehovah's witnesses. ( Signed Jrjw)

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@PPPS: "In the event of my death, I do not wish to be remembered as having been one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Was going to add that you do not wish for your children to be proselytized to, but then I remembered you share a child with your ex who is a JW. Did I get that right?

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Unfortunately

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Congrats, Jrjw! I did the same and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner!

It always irritates me when I see people post about writing their DA letter and then others discourage them from doing so, claiming you're playing by their rules. I lived under that premise for many years before I finally wrote mine and sent it in.

I did so for two reasons: 1) I primary wrote the letter for me, and not them. It was very cathartic putting in into words. 2) Yes, I did play into their "rules". Under their rules, I was still a JW, but just an inactive, lost sheep that needed saving again. And this delusional thinking of theirs was impacting my life ... a lot. So, my letter made sure everybody involved was on the same page, regardless of whatever rule book they were going by.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit