Another JW Urban Legend Thread

by Funchback 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Oh, that 2 angel story has been circulating for years. I heard a different version at an a$$emb£y.

The story that made me realise there isn't enough vomit in the world to express how I feel was the insane nonsense about the 'Truth book(tm)'. Thrown from a bus. Hits a bloke on the head knocking him out. He reads the book and is now a jobo.

The thing that I would point to is the awful account of the Lillelid family. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lillelid_murders

The Loch Ness monster is more likely to be proven real than jobo urban lies.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I loved the “urban legend” about an approaching typhoon and how all the local residents were told to evacuate and head for higher ground. However, it just so happened that it was meeting night for jw’s so the jw’s decided to attend the meeting and ignore the warning to evacuate. And what do you know, 30 or 40 jw’s perished that night even though they were inside the kingdom hall worshiping their god!

Oh maybe that was a true story! Anyone else hear that one?

just saying!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

@fulano:

I have no idea. I'm talking about an event in 1984. I was visiting. It was in La Romana. Tall, dark, skinny, that's all I remember.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the Japanese Yakuza crime boss who had his own daughter murdered because being a jw she wouldn't enter into her dads criminal activities , from her example he left the crime family started a study,turned his life around and is now a humble meek elder, er yeah right.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    They had a fatal traffic accident right after leaving the clinic. Ki grieved over the incident but was glad his life had been spared on account of his sticking to the good habit he had formed over the years.

The problem with these types of stories is that they don't take into account the "butterfly effect". Maybe if he went with them right when they asked then the timing of their departure would have been changed just enough to avoid the accident. Maybe they died because he didn't go with them . . .

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I also see some hate talk on these forums. Why the need to try so hard to prove Jehovah's Witnesses wrong or hate God for what the people in the religion have done to you. They are human too and are capable of misinterpreting the Bible.I believe God will make the misunderstandings come to light. We wouldn't want what we say to be misunderstood. I don't believe God will allow his words to be misspoken... I mean come on ... it's God. 😊... By the way I'm not a JW but I'm checking out religions and if the Bible is what we should follow and we need a group to follow the Bible with.. that's the only religion I have found that does just that.

What a party pooper!

This is a forum for EX-JWs. They are in different stages of leaving, staying or returning to the JWs. If you don't like what others have to say about them, just form your own. I don't like everything I read here, and I'm quite sure that there are plenty of members who hate my posts. That's just life in the Internet, period.

Why the need to try so hard to prove Jehovah's Witnesses wrong or hate God for what the people in the religion have done to you.

First, that's not everybody. I can't care less about what they say and them being right or wrong, period. I don't need to prove anything to them.

Second, there are people here who are in the process of realizing that they have made quite a few important life decisions based on the WT bullshit, and that's more than reason to be angry and therefore express how they feel. This may be the first time in their entire lives when they have the safe space to express how they feel, something that they were never allowed to express or even trust to feel while they were JWs. You are nobody to remove that from them.

They are human too and are capable of misinterpreting the Bible.I believe God will make the misunderstandings come to light. We wouldn't want what we say to be misunderstood.

Show me any JW admitting to that. Show me the WT or anyone in the GB publicly or openly admitting to saying or doing anything wrong. Even something as hideous as covering up for sexual abuse of children they fight in court. They don't even have the decency of doing anything about it. That's how their filthy minds think that they are right in everything.

No need to worry about what the WT says being misunderstood. We understand perfectly; we just treat is like the crap it is.

If you believe in your magic God to do great things, by all means. You have my support, I'll do everything in my power to defend and protect your right to do so.

I don't believe God will allow his words to be misspoken...

That said, so far seems like your God has done a very crappy job. Lawsuits? Scandals? Changing doctrines after letting people die? Continuously failing about when the end will come? That's a very mediocre God.

By the way I'm not a JW but I'm checking out religions and if the Bible is what we should follow and we need a group to follow the Bible with.. that's the only religion I have found that does just that

Then you're just talking out of your ass about what you don't know. Typical Christian. Go back to where you came from.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i was amazed just how much my late dad used to relate demunze type stories he had heard off someone who knew someone who......

my dad was a very highly skilled electrical engineer in his working days---became a dub some 60 years befor .he died last year. why he gave those nonsense stories brain-time was totally beyond me.

• Tight Pants Twinkle Toes
    Tight Pants Twinkle Toes

True story....Happened in Orlando. Sister walking down the street in broad daylight. As she was passing an alley, two homosexuals jumped her, dragged her into the alley, one held her down,the other...did her hair. just sayin

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

I'll take your robbery, and up you a plane-crash:

Staying close to Jehovah’s organization is certainly a protection for us. A brother who often had to make business trips to other countries was faced with problems because he was gone for two or three days and could not attend meetings. It is his desire, however, to be at all meetings, so he has often discussed this with his employer. Generally it is possible to arrange matters so that he can be at the meetings. Of late, however, the difficulties increased and there were often discussions with his employer about this. On February 9 his company had a business transaction with an important customer and it was scheduled that he should fly to a country in the Near East on Saturday, February 21. This trip was to take five or six days. What should he do? He knew that this date was requested by the customer, but also that he would have to miss the meeting on Sunday and could not be in the congregation when the circuit servant came the following week. The brother was determined to share in this special week. He presented the matter to his employer, but his request was rejected and the tickets were purchased and the departure date set. The brother states: “I refused to fly and made one more attempt to change my employer’s mind. Although the atmosphere was very tense, telegrams were sent back and forth and a new date was arranged for the flight. I was very thankful to Jehovah that he gave me the strength to remain steadfast. Two days later I heard over the radio that the plane on which I was to have flown had been sabotaged and crashed. If I had not been determined to have my employer change the scheduled date, I would not be alive to report this experience.”

(Yearbook 1971, page 142)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit