Typical Antitypical and 1914

by Finally Left 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finally Left
    Finally Left

Could someone help me with this question please as it has been on my mind for sometime.

Watchtower comes along and changes the typical anti typical beliefs and with a stroke of the pen eliminates years of books and teachings. Why does this not apply to 1914? Isn’t that a typical anti typical prophecy? There is the first fulfillment with Nebuchadnezzar and then the second with Jesus beginning his reign in 1914. What am I missing?

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Yea, you it a nail here, it should be treated the same and scraped right away but it seems for the WT land is a 'ghost of Christmas past'

• Finally Left
    Finally Left

That is what I thought too and is the thing that woke me up. I just second guess myself especially after you believed a lie for so long. The overlapping generation should have made us all walk out. I told my husband I will never be able to conduct a Bible study because I cannot teach that. But it didn’t make me leave. The anti typical thing made me do research if Jerusalem was destroyed in 607. However if we don’t believe in typical anti typical this teaching should have been flushed.

• careful
    careful

What am I missing?

Hopefully this will help:

The policy of doing something so theologically radical as wiping out the type/anti-type theology that had reigned under Fred Franz for decades but not thinking out the consequences (= replacing it with something else) just points out, yet again, the severe mental limitations of the current GB. Their doctrinal "expert" is David Splane, who is certainly no Fred Franz in the brain department.

But they seem to understand that such things as logical thinking really do not matter. They've got a captive audience of millions who will just do whatever they are told, believe whatever they are told, and so on. Why bother with logic?

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I have been WAITING for more of us to wake up and discover this. When they reviewed this new light at the annual meeting I was so confused how any still in PIMI Jws weren't so bewildered and devastated. Every thing they have taught in the past and are waiting to happen in the future was rooted in type/ anti type nonsense!

• waton
    waton

What they actually did, they canceled the old antitypes, because they obviously did not pan out, They introduced new ones. A new generation,

They kept the widow giving her penny to a moribund establishment. typical.

• johnamos
    johnamos

Quote - Watchtower comes along and changes the typical anti typical beliefs and with a stroke of the pen eliminates years of books and teachings. Why does this not apply to 1914? – End quote

AH…forget about if it applies to 1914 or not, look what the WTS has done in the following…they have actually indirectly told JWs to flee the WTS because it is going to be destroyed.

Is Christendom the antitype of ancient apostate Jerusalem?

Previous understanding: Unfaithful Jerusalem is a prophetic type of Christendom. Hence, the destruction of Jerusalem prophetically foreshadowed that of Christendom.

Clarification: Conditions in unfaithful Jerusalem​—such as idolatry and widespread corruption—​remind us of Christendom, but we no longer refer to Christendom as the antitypical Jerusalem.

Reasoning behind the change: There is no clear Scriptural basis for such a type-antitype approach. Unlike ancient Jerusalem, Christendom has never practiced pure worship. And while Jerusalem did receive Jehovah’s forgiveness for a time, there is no such prospect ahead for Christendom.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/pure-worship/summary-of-clarifications/

[5-1-99 WT - When the “scarlet-colored wild beast” attacks the religious harlot, “the disgusting thing” will be standing in a menacing way in Christendom’s so-called holy place. * So desolation will begin on faithless Christendom, which portrays itself as holy.]

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/s/r1/lp-e?q=%22Christendom%E2%80%99s+so-called+holy+place%22&p=par&r=occ

* Footnote

See The Watchtower, December 15, 1975, pages 741-4.

Christendom’s “holy place,” however, will soon be invaded and destroyed….The religions of Christendom will be deprived of their field of operation, losing control of everything. No respect will be shown for any of their claimed religious rights.

Today, once a person has identified Christendom’s religious systems as part of “Babylon the Great” and recognizes that the “disgusting thing” is about to stand in her “holy place,” he should act on the command found at Revelation 18:4: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues.”

Is this what you have done? If not, do not delay. Christendom’s holy place​—her field of operation and her claimed religious rights—​is soon to be desolated.

• Finally Left
    Finally Left

Thanks for your comments. I am glad I am not the only one disturbed by the changes. It is so obvious.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thanks johnamos for those clarifications I have been out for so long I wasn`t aware of those changes .

And it makes you wonder why the old timers aren`t leaving in droves ....or are they ?

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I asked an old timer about his thoughts about it and he holds the view that as the light gets brighter it gets more simple... I had no words because I sat through 3 book studies of the the NOW extinct revelation book...🙄🤔😑😶

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit