Sisters handling mic's

by I Faded Twice 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Londo111
    Londo111

If the males in the congregation are low-hour publishers or inactive, or they've gotten into trouble, say looking at pictures of nude women on the internet, they will lose their microphone privileges.

The standards are so high that Watchtower gets itself in a bind of not finding 'qualified' males.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Technically, the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLS, MLB, are by definition “sexist” if we adopt dubs definition of sexism.

Women are forbidden from joining either league as player participants because they’re not men. Simple. Plain.

But sexism is defined by prejudice and discrimination. Pointing to the fact men can only play in the NBA or serve as elders is not itself sexism.

• Simon
    Simon

The idea that the worst man available should be used in preference to any woman is definitely sexist. We're not talking about a sport league where each gender has their own to compete independently in. These are things that women can do equally as well as men.

However, as in other aspects of life, many women simply don't want to stand up and give lectures from a platform. There are definitely differences in the proportion that feel driven to do certain things.

The WTS is of course sexist because it's based on a sexist ideology, but many women chose to join because that is the system they want to live in for whatever reason.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Sexism is defined by prejudice and discrimination, based on sex.

That’s a tall hill to climb. Seeing that women have an equal shot at being a jw than men do, and are at bethel, and do peach, it doesn’t hold weight. Oh and they actually do most of the teaching of the public, just not from the platform.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Oh look, fuck off Bobby or Richard "I'm gay but it's the truth" Oliver or whoever you are this time, is spinning again. Of course you chose words carefully, like your cult you have to spin. I never defined sexism, and you're trying to redirect the thread like you do everything.

You speak only out of concern for the appearance of your cult. I speak out of concern for the people in your cult. I'm concerned about the culture of pedophile protection, and you're concerned about numbers. I'm concerned about the impact on women, one of which has a story I'm listening to as your manipulative ramblings here continue, and you're concerned about defining sexism and trying to determine the direction of the thread by obfuscating, which is predictably all you do.

You still haven't answered any of my questions, since you brought it up, about your personal feelings as to the culture of not reporting in your cult that does exist in whatever numbers. You've not answered my question regarding your namesake and what exactly you doubt. You are all ego, all troll, seeking to craft an argument you can win rather than dealing with the truths at hand.

I don't even care what the definition of sexism is. I do care about the women that are dominated in the cult through doctrine and through the misogyny that pervades relationships between the sexes. Do you? Are you married? Do you have any girls?

• Doubter
    Doubter

“I don’t even care what the definition of sexism is”.

This is hardly suprising...

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Doubter: I don’t even care what the definition of sexism is”.
    This is hardly suprising...

That was hardly clever, and you ducked again. You cannot have honest conversations. Pitiful.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Dub,

You’re the one using words like “misogyny” (which if you don’t know or care what sexist means you cannot expect anyone to take you seriously when using that term) and whining about being called out.

I not here to pat you on the ass and give you “atta boys”. I am merely holding you accountable.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Lmao @ you holding anyone accountable. You have been called out over and over again and you disappear like the coward you, and all who came before you, are. You answer nobody's questions or points yet expect us to bow to your twists and turns. Fuck that and fuck you.

Check yourself before you call out others. If you want to hold someone accountable, start with your cult. Or maybe sack up and answer questions yourself. Be ready to make a defense of those asking it from you, or just duck and run over and over again, coming back under different names with the same predictable pattern.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

Wow. Time to break out the popcorn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit