A Watchtower double standard: Rejection and the silent treatment.

by ScenicViewer 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

A recent Watchtower study article shows how bad it is to be rejected over religious beliefs when Olga revealed that her husband was not speaking to her because she is a Jehovah's Witness.

9 In South America, Olga proved loyal to God by showing respect for her husband even under trying circumstances. For years, he expressed annoyance at her for being one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. He abused her emotionally, insulted her, refused to speak to her, and threatened to take the children and leave her. But Olga did not return evil for evil. - WT Study, February 2016, page 23

While this is meant to show how unfairly JWs are treated by others because of their beliefs, notice how Olga did exactly the same thing to others, rejecting them, including her husband, over nothing more than a religious view.

In the same paragraph of the same study article quoted above it says...

When possible, she accompanied him to gatherings of his family or colleagues. For example, when he wanted to go to another city for the funeral of his father, she got the children ready and prepared everything needed for the trip. She waited for her husband at the church door until the ceremony ended.

Wasn't Olga, who was being shunned by her non-Witness husband over religious beliefs, doing the same thing to everyone that didn't agree with her? The paragraph says "She waited for her husband at the church door until the ceremony ended."

What? She wouldn't go inside to be with her husband at his father's funeral? Why not? The article doesn't mention it, but no doubt it was over religious beliefs, she did not agree with what would be said in the church so she waited by the door.

The article claims that "Olga did not return evil for evil," but apparently she did. She gave her husband the same rejection that he was giving her, and both were doing it over nothing more than religious beliefs.

In addition, when a person leaves the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses he/she is completely cut off and rejected, again the same treatment that Olga received from her husband.

If Jehovah's Witnesses can't see the double standards promoted by the Watchtower organization it's because they have willfully chosen not to see it. Such obvious contradictions as this leave me shaking my head, wondering how long people can keep their eyes closed.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The paragraph says "She waited for her husband at the church door until the ceremony ended."

When it comes to being passive-aggressive, JWs top everyone. She could have just stayed home. Instead, she waited outside the church to make a public display of her contempt for his religion and police who he may talk to and where he may go before and afterward.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow
    wow,thats screwed up thinking. i mean in the article, lol,
  • ignored_one
    ignored_one

When it comes to being passive-aggressive, JWs top everyone. She could have just stayed home. Instead, she waited outside the church to make a public display of her contempt for his religion and police who he may talk to and where he may go before and afterward.

Surprised she didn't set out her magazine cart as well. Gotta get those hours in.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Wow!

Such arrogance they have by not seeing the irony in those statements!

Classic hypocrisy!

But, I guess when you think you are gods special channel, then such logic doesnt apply.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    I think the most frustrating thing is, the JW's just can't see what is right in front of them. They are so brainwashed!
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SCENICVIEWER:

She thought she was "loyal to God" because she did not go into the church!

She imagined she was taking a "stand" because she stood outside. Did she imagine all the non-Witnesses around were analyzing what she did?? The "world" are not interested in what Jehovah's Witnesses do or not do.

The decent thing would have been for her to be inside with all the other mourners.

Witnesses believe they can't set foot inside another religion's house of worship. I remember many years ago when in the religion, I was telling about my trip to Italy and mentioned that I had to use a bathroom when touring one of the cathedrals, etc...Well, a pious old Witness woman (one of the strident ones from the old days..) TELLS me in front of everybody that I should not have been in there because what if Armageddon came at that moment. I said I considered it like being in a museum....Of course, this gave the judgmental idiots in the hall yet another reason to give ME the silent treatment, LOL.

The moral of the story is this is why the woman in the story didn't go into the church and (hint hint) the message the religion wants to get across to the "faithful" readers of its literature.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

She thought she was "loyal to God" because she did not go into the church!

She imagined she was taking a "stand" because she stood outside.

Yes I got that, it was actually my point. When Jehovah's Witnesses are the target of a negative behavior, such as being rejected or not spoken to, they portray that behavior as bad, unjust, worldly, etc, but when they engage in the exact same behavior they see it as being sanctioned by God. They don't see the contradiction of it due to being mind controlled.

As Compound complex pointed out in another thread ...

"No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family." -- AWAKE!, July 2009, page 29.

Yet JWs make people choose between family and religious beliefs all the time, shunning the family member if he/she chooses not to accept the religious beliefs of JWs.

Complaining of being shunned and rejected is always a one way street with Jehovah's Witnesses.

The decent thing would have been for her to be inside with all the other mourners.

Absolutely! 

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I thought witnesses believe that a building is just four walls and a roof ( hence the term kingdom " Hall") ....emphasis placed on what is in a worshipers HEART not the building they pray in....hence touring a Cathedral or going into a church to support a spouce should be no problem as you don't veiw the building as sacred at all.

God wouldn't give a monkeys if he had any sense.

• freddo
    freddo

Question from Readers WT 1970 March 15th.

May dedicated Christians attend church funerals ...

2 Kings 5 v 17 - 19

About when someone views how his duty as a servant taking his master into a house of false worship will compromise his worship to Jehovah but that Jehovah will forgive him ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit