A cording to today's wt not speaking to someone is evil

by poopie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    Wow
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Can you post the issue and page number you are referring to? Or give us a quote? Anything more at all?

The headline is great but "Wow" is not much of an OP.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

thanks for sharing the relevant quote for us.

poopie is just living up to his name with the usual shit posting.

• skin
    skin
    Yes, that was in this weeks WT. But used in reverse by jw.org. it was in reference to someone studying with a jw and then the family of that study not liking what was happening, so the family stopped associating with them.
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Quote please!! Or link? Or anything? Sheesh!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

maybe he is referring to this?

11 Loyalty to God helped an Australian sister named Alice to decide how much importance to give to other loyalties. When she began studying the Bible, she would tell her family about the good things she was learning. Later, Alice told members of her family that she would not be celebrating Christmas with them. She explained the reasons, but their mild concern gradually turned into bitter anger. They felt that she was turning her back on her family. Says Alice: “My mother finally said that she disowned me. I was shocked and deeply hurt because I really loved my family. Nevertheless, I resolved that Jehovah and his Son would be first in my heart, and I got baptized at the next assembly.”—Matt. 10:37. 12 If we a

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    Thanks, ttdtt. Hmmm ... that sound like anything too different from what I have seen before. :(
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

How about this crazy paragraph.

15 In congregations of Jehovah’s people today, it is very unlikely that we would be treated unjustly (REALLY? I guess if you only consider getting murdered your standard for being treated unjustly). However, those taking the lead among us are imperfect men and could misinterpret our actions. (1 Sam. 1:13-17) If we are ever misjudged or misunderstood, let us remain loyal to Jehovah. (CODE FOR - SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN)

The WT makes it plain that NOTHING can happen to you where there would be reason to complain - question - or stop attending meetings. But it's not a cult - right.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    9 In South America, Olga proved loyal to God by showing respect for her husband even under trying circumstances. For years, he expressed annoyance at her for being one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. He abused her emotionally, insulted her, refused to speak to her, and threatened to take the children and leave her. But Olga did not return evil for evil. - WT Study, February 2016, page 23

Isn't this exactly what is going on when a brother or sister leaves the JWs?

• Listener
    Listener
    You cannot respect a husband that abuses you emotionally. It is not possible unless you are in a religion that abuses you emotionally by telling you to put up with such mistreatment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit