Omg! The latest Caleb and Sophie video!

by nowwhat? 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The Governing Body have zero idea of what these videos look like to ordinary people.

Terrifying a little boy into believing that God might desert him, reject him and punish him for eating a piece of cake so as not to upset a friend.

And they wonder why some nations regard them as extremist cults???

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Especially odd since celebrating birthdays is technically supposed to be a conscience matter. Or at least not a DFing offence.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

I think the video was not about eating a piece of Birthday cake, but Caleb's fear of not standing up to whether he celebrates birthdays or not when his friends ask him.

I find it interesting that the the whole video does not explain WHY they don't celebrate birthdays in the first place. Simply that the bible says so and that the dad will help the son explain it. But where and what reasoning is applied? nothing.
    Ridiculous.

The chairman of the Annual meeting announced that the second part of the video will be released where the father explains Caleb why JW's don't celebrate birthdays.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The recent Lloyd Evans video rebutted this very well.

He relates how the Bible is very clear in condemning what is 'perceived' as wrong. Nowhere in the Bible is celebrating someone's birthday unscriptural.

NO wonder why witness kids are so effed-up. By succumbing to their parents indoctrination.

How could someone be so mentally tormented by eating a cupcake. When nowhere, nowhere in the Bible is even celebrating a birthday unscriptural, never mind even eating a little morsel of a cupcake.

Yes, the Bible is very clear what is scriptural and what is not.. Celebrating birthdays is not in this category.

So what is all this fuss about.

Just manipulation to indoctrinate young JW kids into being different. Isolation techniques. Sick, deplorable and disgusting.

Indoctrination of JW children is abuse..

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree Beth Sarim , it is evident that so many of us, myself included, really feel deeply the deprivation we suffered as children, not allowed Birthdays , Christmas etc, not just our own, but the joy of giving to our friends too !

It is an Evil and totally unwarranted Abuse of Children. It is Stealing their Childhood. Just as much as more serious abuse does.

It amuses me how they have to hide what it says in Job about the family getting together for his children's Birthdays, I know most translations do not explicitly say these were Birthday celebrations, because it cannot be known for sure what they actually did on those days, so the say " Birthday" would be to put a wrong vision in the mind of the reader, perhaps. But what else could it mean " each on his own day" or whatever the phrase is ?

So, not only are Birthday Celebrations not condemned in the Bible, the Org does mental gymnastics to excuse an apparent condoning in Job. Miserable, joy hating bastards.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

For those believing in this ....

the cupcake is as littlle tied to a birthday celebration as is the memorial bread after the celebration is over.

It can be eaten.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Fadeaway1962, I think that people have misinterpreted the whole UN thing. They are antiWatchtower and just look for anything they can use against them.

This celebrating birthdays is one of the things that I left for. It is too pharisaical. While I think celebrating birthdays is sill and needless, teaching children that taking a piece of birthday cake is disloyal to Jehovah is being a pharisee.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

'' teaching children that taking a piece of birthday cake is disloyal to Jehovah is being a pharisee.''

Totally.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

This has probably been mentioned by someone already.

Ive never thought about it before, but here is a semi-interesting factoid. The names Caleb and Sophia mean faithful and wise, just like the gb. đŸ™„

Also, when Caleb gets older and does some web searches, he might find some interesting reading concerning slavery and the ancient Jews. The capture of slaves, or owning them was basically glorified and was a status symbol. Defeating your enemies, killing almost everyone except virgins and taking them as wives amounted to genocidal rape- but eating a piece of birthday cake is like disowning Jesus?

Hopefully, this will give him some comfort about eating a leftover piece of cake.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We need to see the thing .

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&prefer=content&applanguage=E&locale=en&item=pub-pk_40_VIDEO&docid=1011214

if I were a J W parent there is no way I would let the GB make rules for my kids or speak to them direct by video. That is a parent’s job. What to do with birthdays, how far do you go? That is a matter for conscience and in my experience the dubs can act differently.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit