• Done
    Done

Maybe a few local halls too

• sparky1
    sparky1

Bumped for newbies.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide." - Albert Camus THE MYTH OF SISYPHUS (1942 EDITION)

Bumped for newbies and those unaware of the tragic demise of James Olson, ex-Bethelite who chose to leave the Jehovah's Witness religion by taking his own life.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SPARKY1:

I read the link to Newboy’s tragic story about Jimmy Olson! Words cannot describe what a sick situation this was. Also, why would the religion want to keep anybody’s remains?

May he rest in peace!

The JW religion is a tragedy.

• stillin
    stillin

One of the best Witnesses I met when I came in had been at Bethel during that time period. He came back home like a celebrated war hero and went on to having assembly parts and being respected. But I got a glimpse of his human side. He was depressed. I told him that I was considering Bethel and he said that it isn't' for everyone. I wondered what that meant but I could almost feel his isolation.

He became inactive and his family, stripped of the status they once had, were now ashamed of him.

He used a shotgun.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

In memory of Jimmy 💐 My condolences to everyone who was a friend to him sparky , I know you always think of him on this day.

And all victims of suicide and the isolation this religion engenders still in

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit