Quality of JW teaching from elders

by sir82 30 Replies latest jw friends

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

The acorn (elders) doesn't fall far from the tree (WT leadership). Buffoonery has always been an intimate part of the the JW fabric.

If the organs [of your body] are diseased, heal them by correcting your diet. Avoid the use of aluminum cooking utensils and alum baking powders as they are injurious to your health, poisoning your blood stream... Sleep on the right side or flat on your back, with the head toward the north so as to get benefit of the earth’s magnetic currents. Avoid serum inoculations as they pollute the blood stream with their filthy pus.... Stop chewing gum, as you need the saliva for your food.

The Golden Age, Nov. 12, 1929, p. 107.

The unburied dead, "those slain by Jehovah," will be so enormously many that even the carrion birds and scavenging wild beasts could never take care of their consumption. The burial of even what remains after these lower creatures have their fill would be stupendous. Doubtless the Almighty God will use some highly scientific means, whether including antimatter or not, to dispose of the surplus of decaying bodies in a speedy and sanitary way

The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah" -- How? (book, 1971) pp. 376-377

• Clambake
    Clambake

The WTS is literally the only organization on earth that doesn’t reward success, intelligence or education. All it takes lots of hours and a total lack of class as a human being.

What a fucked up model.

• karter
    karter

The quality of Elders has gone down due to the pool they have to pick from.

At least 70% of young ones are leaving before they are 20 so it leaves very few to make up the Elder body.

In my old congro they had an Elder who had clearly smoked to much dope before coming a J.W his talks were painful and all over the place.

The decent older Elders are all worn out or past their used by date an are Elders in name only.

Karter.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Its an Organization which only rewards on a conditional basis, **spiritual** appearances.
  • gone for good
    gone for good

A speaker from the edge of the city noticed that on the farms nearby, the trees in the woods didn't have any branches or leaves until 5 or 6 feet up from the ground. In his talk to a local congregation, he pointed out what a loving provision the creator had made for the cows - in making the trees with no nasty branches on the bottom.

Someone actually had to tell him that it was the cows who had eaten and broken all the vegetation from the tree bottoms -funnee!

• blondie
    blondie

Bad sister that I was, I could not sit by for big flubs...I gave elders a chance to speak up...then dove in.

Excuse me brother, I thought we were on paragraph 10; isn't that the question for paragraph 11, I could be wrong.

The elder at the book study constantly made wrong historical science and history comments not in the material.

Blondie: excuse me brother, um, wasn't that "so-and-so" that did that. (or I know you're younger than me but when I was in school we were taught this, and the science shows I seen recently confirm that is still true. Can you tell me where you got the information, I would like to read it and update my understanding.

Or the elder conducting the WT study who asked contemporaneously from the stage "Where do we get our info on God" as he started raising up the WT magazine. The COBOE jumped up and grabbed the microphone and said loudly, "the Bible" as the elder on the stage took down the WT and weakly agreed. That is one I would have challenged humbly if no one else had.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Almost all of the truly gifted speakers and teachers I knew have left.

My god, it must be pure misery listening the stupidity at meetings.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''My god, it must be pure misery listening the stupidity at meetings''

Sitting through meetings the JW's believe they are practising ''obedience''.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    What makes it worse is that they feel that they are deep bible students.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I can relate 100% to what Phizzy wrote ,an Elder in our congregation would often use words that did not belong in the conversation /Watchtower he was quoting .It was like he saw a word in the magazine and said to himself , I will use that in my next presentation without having a clue what it really meant or how it could be applied .

Sorry , but I used to feel for the poor bastard .

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit