United States baptism stats 1969-2015

by the comet 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    There is no reason why you should try to make the death rate so complicated. 1 % is a common rule when it comes to larger population groups. To make it simple and not having to look at the age groups and different "racial" groups, just stick to the 1 % rule. Each year, deduct 1 %. Some years ago, it was stated 1 % was df'ed each year and 2 % left. The problem with these two latter groups, of course is that up to half of them return. So using them in the calculations is tricky - but then, these are the ones you want to find the size of, so just use the 1 % death rate and you will get there.
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell
    The figures you give is not good for the dubs. You would think that as more and more publishers that number of baptized should go up every year but the number stays about the same. That indicates that a lot of ones that have being raised as a dub are fading and/or not getting baptized. This is not a good sign for the Borg.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I can`t be specific about numbers , but my memory tells me in the 1960`s , 70`s a ball park figure of D.F persons was on average each year was 60,000 Jehovah`s Witnesses , admittedly many/some of them got re-instated , possibly a third ? they never did, as far as I can recall give a number for those who stopped attending meetings to never return.

smiddy

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

2016-------28,353

wait, what?

Did I fall asleep and miss the entire year already?

• janusfulcrum
    janusfulcrum

The yearbook publishes the stats for the previous year. So 2016 yearbook stats are for 2015 service year, which runs from September to August.

What struck me is that more were baptized in 1970 than 2015. So,again, why does the US need 100's of new KH's? (taking into consideration D&D, death and disfellowshipping)

I guess the Org just finally realized this, and has shut down a number of LDC's across the country. I can't confirm the number. I heard 7-9, also 6. Apparently their survey revealed many existing halls only 40% full. Anyone else hear about the big LDC meeting in CA last Saturday?

Sorry Comet if this derails your post, not meaning to....

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I'll take a stab at it over the years 1988-2015.

• dropoffyourkeylee
  • dropoffyourkeylee
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    The biggest exodus in this time frame was from 1996 thru 2000, both in numbers and in percent.
  • besty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit